Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is a wide variety of pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Insurance is State regulated and most/many agents can only sell is the State or States in which they are licensed - I have a great agent who can help you, but only if you are in California.

·
2,333 Posts

Consistently, across the country, the most Slingshot friendly insurance company has proved to be Allstate ......

They even sent representatives to the factory to research and drive it before it was released for public sale so they understood how to set their rates ......

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Dan Herrera in TX can do a lot of States and will give you his best quote from 4 diff top agencies. I've used him for several years, otherwise not connected. 832 364 6630

Reactions: Lime02

·
Registered
215 Posts
I will say one thing - find an agent, not online, but on the phone or in person and talk to them and make sure they know what the Slingshot is and the laws about licensing requirements.

because the slingshot is classified as a motorcycle one of the first questions some agents ask in California is do you have a class M motorcycle license - this question also comes up on all of the online quote sites. What they do not know and the sites are not programmed for is the fact that in California the class M endorsement is specifically for 2 wheeled motorcycles and is not needed for the Slingshot. if they do not know this or if you answer no - it pushes the rates up because they think you are not properly licensed

if you find a knowledgeable agent they will know this question is not applicable to the Slingshot and your rates will be lower

I am talking about California here, but I think it is equally as important wherever you are. Talk to a real agent directly who knows what the slingshot is if you want to find the best rate

·
Registered
215 Posts
If by chance you are in California call Kenny Rickerd at La Quinta Allstate 760-564-2443 and tell him Edward Neal of Palm Springs recommended you. He will get you a great rate

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I found basic coverage pretty cheap with USAA They do not have full coverage.
Progressive has full coverage for about $500 a year. Have agent walk you through what you are getting so you know for sure. Still looking will let you know what ultimate deal is. Good advice about endorsements. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
For an insurance quote, on a Polaris Slingshot, consider the following!

TWFG Insurance Services - Dan Herrera, that's me! (832) 364-6630
www.InsureMySling.com

Insurance quotes from 5 different insurance companies, including Allstate!

Insurance quotes available in 35 states!

Insurance discounts that NO OTHER AGENT, will offer. Because the other agents don't know about them!!!!! PS There are up to 14.

For those of you who already have insurance, if we can't find you a better price, We'll let you know, you already have the best price!!
You have nothing to lose, by getting a quote.

For those of you who do not have insurance, do you know what 5 companies insure the Slingshot in your state? We do. Do you know what the 14 discounts available to you? We do. Let us do the work for you!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got a couple of quotes and went with Allstate for a little under $600 a year. I was really tempted, as their commercials say, to save money with Geico but I could not figure out how you would save anything when they wanted $5,300 a year. I don’t think they want the business.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like many here can tell you, it's vary state to state. The only one that sale good insurance for your SS is Allstate, that's was the insurance that Have a special deal for the SS. On my Instagram is a picture of one of the best agents in Florida. They have other places that can insurance you. Just let her know and presto. Get a quate and then check if your state can match it.. nothing to loose on that. Join us at Slingshot of Orlando...on Fb or Instagram

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dan,
Responded to my request for an insurance quote in short order and sent written quote. Best response and cost right at $500.

·
Registered
613 Posts
For an insurance quote, on a Polaris Slingshot, consider the following!

TWFG Insurance Services - Dan Herrera, that's me! (832) 364-6630
www.InsureMySling.com
I received a quick, friendly call back and a good quote from Dan, though I ultimately chose to go with a local agent. There is no commitment in simply getting a quote. I recommend you give him a call.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.