Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer Wednesday 12/17 to get a price for the 500 mile service. I was told they don't know what its going to cost. I was told bu the service manager he would call me back the next day. I didn;t recieve a call back. I called back Friday and as of today I still don't have an answer. I'm not going to just drop it off without a price.

Just want to get an idea on how many have had it done and what it cost.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I called my dealer Wednesday 12/17 to get a price for the 500 mile service. I was told they don't know what its going to cost. I was told bu the service manager he would call me back the next day. I didn;t recieve a call back. I called back Friday and as of today I still don't have an answer. I'm not going to just drop it off without a price.

Do it yourself and make sure you save your receipts for the oil and filter. Log that you checked fastners and whatever is outlined in the owners manual and call it a day.

It's just like when the Indians came out last year, the dealers didn't know shit. You can do all your own maintenance and save receipts and log what you do, and it will not affect the warranty, plus you will get the satisfaction of knowing it was done right. I can't tell you how many drain plugs have been stripped on Indians by dealers, so they aren't the maintenance gods they'd like you to think they are.

Your paying for a PDI and then you get to take it for a ride just to bring it right back to bend over again. If you have a really good relationship with your dealer, and share a mutual respect and appreciation, then by all means support your dealer. When they refuse to take care of you, then do it yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Took mine in last week. Took about 3 hours and the charge was $187. High for an oil change but they went over the entire checklist and made an adjustment to the belt tension. The regional Polaris rep was there and had them take pictures of the bubbles on the instrument cluster for warranty replacement.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just get an oil change done, do the rest of the $500 mile yourself and then take some one out for a nice dinner while pocketing the rest.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. More than likely, I will do my own oil change, I was just worried about getting everything checked over. That and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my fat arse underneath it. lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
somebody correct me please if I'm wrong but it sounds like besides the oil change the drive belt adjustment is the most important thing

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
my dealer said, ok i can do the 500 mile change but i don't know what to charge, i said to him 150 is fair, others are 225 plus,

·
Registered
81 Posts
Took mine in last week. Took about 3 hours and the charge was $187. High for an oil change but they went over the entire checklist and made an adjustment to the belt tension. The regional Polaris rep was there and had them take pictures of the bubbles on the instrument cluster for warranty replacement.
Interesting. When I shown my dealer the bubbles in the instrument cluster he told me it was "normal" and not covered under warranty. Should I contact Polaris about the bubbles?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just had mine done today at M&M Auto Group in liberty ny 150.00 plus tax also flashed ecm and sent message to ask polaris about the bad radio reception will let me know when they hear back from them

·
Registered
113 Posts
I will from now on wanted to get other things addressed and was a nice day for a 425 mile ride since I will be away for the next 3 weeks. Also went to orange county chopper to look at bikes. That was fun but even better was the crowd looking at the slingshot in the parking lot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts