Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I woke up in a cold sweat after a beautiful dream of cruising around in my new SL.
I slide in to a restaurant for quick lunch and come out to find a mob gathered around my pride and joy, with numerous people taking turns sitting in the driver seat. Now my dream has just become a nightmare!

Help me out, with the open cockpit, how the heck are we going to keep people out and prevent this possible nightmare?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Concealed carry
Thats what i'm thinking.
Someone sitting in my $25k vehicle attempting to steal it.
Felony grand theft.
Allowed to use deadly force to stop a felony.
Very questionable outcome, LOL

Red dot laser light between their eyes would most likely cause immediate egress from the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a motion-sensing alarm with speaker that says "Attention! Step away from the vehicle! For more information, google Polaris Slingshot."
I love this!!

Or how about, " Attention! Step away from the vehicle or defense systems will be engaged"
I will put in half of the necessary investment to get this built, who's in?

·
Registered
541 Posts
The only problem with the motion-sensing alarm is
your battery will go dead. With the sweet looks of
the SS and everyone flocking around it your alarm
will never turn off.;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wonder how far up the seat tilts forward, to make room to get into the storage compartment? If the storage compartment locks, and the seat tilts forward enough, perhaps some kind of lock can be fabbed to keep the seat tilted up against the steering wheel? Kind of like a coated chain M/C lock that goes around the steering wheel and attaches to the seat securely???

That would keep people from getting into the driver side at least.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats what i'm thinking.
Someone sitting in my $25k vehicle attempting to steal it.
Felony grand theft.
Allowed to use deadly force to stop a felony.
Very questionable outcome, LOL

Red dot laser light between their eyes would most likely cause immediate egress from the vehicle.

Blood on the seats would be too noticeable if you have a base model.......now one with the red interior ........

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would keep people from getting into the driver side at least.
Very well thought out!
I know they have the cockpit cover, but for a short stop that just seems like a hassle. Flipping the seat foward is quick and easy.
I wonder if a latch or insert could be configured down by the seat swivel, maybe even lockable ?

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
The coated chain makes sense, especially if one or two are strung across the cockpit making it difficult to get in/sit down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The thing I don't like about putting the seat forward is it lets people know there's a compartment back there and subsequently leading it rendered to higher chances of theft. I'm thinking I'll just find a strap lock that I'll put tightly across the seats from both side grab bars.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts