Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinking about replacing the gear shift knob with an aftermarket one? Also curious to know the thread size.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Prolly gonna want to replace the cheap rubber boot as well..

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Thread size ? 5/16-18, 3/8-16, 3/8-24, 7/16-20, 1/2-13, 1/2-20, 8mm-1.25, 10mm-1.25, 10mm-1.50, 12mm-1.25, 12mm-1.50, 12mm-1.75 or 16mm-1.50.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
There are no threads. The shaft is keyed and the stock shift knob has a set screw. I didn't measure the shaft diameter but most shift knobs with set screws should work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You might want to ck out my water proof shifter milled from solid aluminum with carbon fiber print I call it the "Lightning Bolt" I formed it to shorten the shift through now I hit that 3 gear every time!
You can find it in Cap~Rob's fab shop under slingshot accessory and appearance

·
Registered
86 Posts
You might want to ck out my water proof shifter milled from solid aluminum with carbon fiber print I call it the "Lightning Bolt" I formed it to shorten the shift through now I hit that 3 gear every time!
You can find it in Cap~Rob's fab shop under slingshot accessory and appearance
sorry...I am confused...where can I it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed a machined solid aluminum gear shift knob purchased from eastsiderodz2011 on ebay ($68 with fast free shipping). Looks amazing compared to stock rubber shift knob. Perfect fit and took less than a minute to install (remove hex lock nut). Really complements the high-tech look of the adjacent dash and trim. Also looks stock since it doesn't have an after-market manufacturer's logo detracting from look.
ShiftKnob.jpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just installed a machined solid aluminum gear shift knob purchased from eastsiderodz2011 on ebay ($68 with fast free shipping). Looks amazing compared to stock rubber shift knob. Perfect fit and took less than a minute to install (remove hex lock nut). Really complements the high-tech look of the adjacent dash and trim. Also looks stock since it doesn't have an after-market manufacturer's logo detracting from look. View attachment 8402
Got to ask ;)how many speeds does it have and does it quire batteries:oops:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just installed a machined solid aluminum gear shift knob purchased from eastsiderodz2011 on ebay ($68 with fast free shipping). Looks amazing compared to stock rubber shift knob. Perfect fit and took less than a minute to install (remove hex lock nut). Really complements the high-tech look of the adjacent dash and trim. Also looks stock since it doesn't have an after-market manufacturer's logo detracting from look. View attachment 8402
How hot will it be to the touch in summer?
I had one like that in a convertible and had to get rid of it.
You couldn't touch it in the summer without burning your hand.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Man
I just updated my Wheels. Picture attached. ( I love em', got em from Roaring Toyz)
I have a plan for some airbrush work on the hood. I will post some pictures when I stop driving it long enough to get some paint on it..
DSC_0507.JPG

1 - 20 of 25 Posts