Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 1320 header & would like to replace both the head gasket & exhaust gasket.
1320 has the set for $19.95, but they only take Paypal now, which I dont have.
Can anyone point me in a direction to get a good high performance gasket set?
Are the stock Polaris items reasonable & any good?

·
2,333 Posts
IMO the 1320 gaskets are as good as it gets and afford the greatest coverage since they are the exact shape of their header flange .....

You shouldn't have to sign up for PayPal to checkout on their site, they use the PayPal cart system so you should be able to use a CC directly ...

If not Cycle Springs also carries the same gaskets and offers either PayPal checkout as well as direct CC payment ....

Exhaust and Header Gasket for the Polaris Slingshot - Slingshot Only

·
Registered
345 Posts
Got mine yesterday from my dealer. $12.50. Works great.
Tried Autozone first. Took 15 min. to convince the kid that Polatis made Polaris. He insisted Dodge owned it and that the engine wasn't from GM. Had the same issue with them a couple years ago when I needed a radiator hose for a '63 Jeep Cherokee with a Jeep 327 Bombadier engine and a couple years before that when I needed a fuel pump for a '67 Corvair. They insisted it was a Chrysler and I had to show them the engine because they didn't believe it was in the back. Kids don't know anything about the vehicles if it's not in their parts computer.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I got mine from the local NAPA. $12.00 Just asked for an 2.4 L 2009 Solstice exhaust manifold gasket. All good
PN. MS97122

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I just got the 1320 header & would like to replace both the head gasket & exhaust gasket.
1320 has the set for $19.95, but they only take Paypal now, which I dont have.
Can anyone point me in a direction to get a good high performance gasket set?
Are the stock Polaris items reasonable & any good?
I have a set they sent me free with our last shipment Bob.. I'll send it out to ya for free for ya if you'd like! PM your address if interested. Thx! :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Anytime you need engine stuff from parts stores. 09 Pontiac solstice. That's how I'm even listed in my local oil change places computer. Auto zone, napa, advanced. Etc etc etc.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a set they sent me free with our last shipment Bob.. I'll send it out to ya for free for ya if you'd like! PM your address if interested. Thx! :)
Wow, thank you. That's incredibly generous of you.
Just have to figure out how to PM you?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a problem at all Bob! I got your PM.. I'll send this out for ya Monday! What size shirt do you wear?
Second trimester? Probably an XL.
You mean to tell me I get a T shirt too?
I have got to buy some stuff from you, as soon as I recover from paying for this thing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to my mailbox today & surprised to find a very large envelope.
A gasket set, T shirt & Slingmods sticker which i have already proudly displayed on my truck.
You guys are too much.
Thank you again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm getting ready to change my header to a 1320, my current gasket looks ok, and actually they are doubled up, but unsure about reusing them. Anyone have problems reusing them or is it better to just replace them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've learned the hard way that gaskets should be replaced any time a part is disassembled.
Too many times, I've had to take it apart again just replaceto the gasket for a leak.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! $12.00 don't cheap out.
Gasket PN. MS97122

1 - 18 of 18 Posts