Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with almost 100 miles under my belt now I'm finding one thing with the Slingshot that is a bit annoying as I transition between my two manual transmission vehicles. And that is the fact that the gas pedal on the Slingshot seems to need a boatload of pressure to press....do you think there is any adjustment?

It makes getting precise control of throttle a bit harder until you get used to it. And the transition to other vehicles again is a bit interesting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So......you're saying when you get out of the Slingshot and into the Mooney you're constantly crabbing the dang thing?? :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So......you're saying when you get out of the Slingshot and into the Mooney you're constantly crabbing the dang thing?? :)
haha...now that would be a major issue!

Its more like I go from SS -> Mustang and 2 things happen.

1.) I over press the gas pedal and it revs up quick.
2.) I over press the brake and about strangle myself

The pedal pressure and travel for gas/brake is the only thing that is a big adjustment compared to other cars. Brake requires much more travel before they do anything and gas much more pressure....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I gotcha....I can see where that would be hard to adjust to. I'm sure somone on here that has one will chime in if they've figured out a way to make an adjustment but I'm guessing that shouldn't be too hard to tweak. At least on the gas pedal pressure. The brakes will take a little more work the way it sounds.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotcha....I can see where that would be hard to adjust to. I'm sure somone on here that has one will chime in if they've figured out a way to make an adjustment but I'm guessing that shouldn't be too hard to tweak. At least on the gas pedal pressure. The brakes will take a little more work the way it sounds.
That's my thought anyway.. but beyond my "mechanical aptitude" to go digging~

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mustang is a 2015 GT.

Reactions: Stan

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The mustang is a 2015 GT.
I have 2015 Subaru WRX that the brake pedal is a bit hard compared to my other cars. It's a little disconcerting, but I adapt rather quickly.

Congrats on the 2015 Mustang. Make sure you baby that Getrag 6 speed. They are not very stout compared to other transmissions. You may even consider upgrading to a T56 Magnum down the road. It makes the driving experience much more pleasurable.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
If the throttle is drive-by-wire, doesn't that mean the resistance is from a mechanical spring that can be changed at will?
Not really because its a signal that needs to go from the pedal to the TB. Push the pedal and it sends a input signal. What needs to happen is it needs to send a improved signal to the ETC (electronic throttle control) which has been amplified or "boosted", so that the throttle is more responsive throughout the entire rpm range.

·
Registered
686 Posts
...the gas pedal on the Slingshot seems to need a boatload of pressure to press....
What does the force required to make the pedal move have to do with anything electronic?

This is a different issue than the one about a delay in the engine's response after the pedal is moved.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What does the force required to make the pedal move have to do with anything electronic?

This is a different issue than the one about a delay in the engine's response after the pedal is moved.
I think I get what turbosling is talking about....to me it seems that it is "hard to press", but it could be moving and I just don't notice as nothing happens. (In my defense it has been REALLY cold here....)

Going to have to pay more attention tomorrow.....

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I agree. Its a little stiffer that my other cars. I have caught myself getting in that jumpy throttle while leaving at a red light. Its happened a few times. It will get a bit better I'm sure over time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too agree the amount of force needed on the gas pedal is much more than other vehicles I have driven ... not unbearable just noticable

·
Registered
110 Posts
Eh, I plan on putting my foot through the floor board with this pedal... Although, I did have a Mustang and I put a King Cobra Clutch on it, It use to hurt my knee after long drives. (and by long drives I mean 25 miles in that car) (but it was a fast 25 miles)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree that in mine the gas petal does require more pressure than normal. Before my cruise control was working on a long trip my right foot would be killing me from the constant pressure applied to the gas pedal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree that in mine the gas petal does require more pressure than normal. Before my cruise control was working on a long trip my right foot would be killing me from the constant pressure applied to the gas pedal.
Yes I rode Sunday with a group about 200 miles was sore afterwards. .. no cruise in the group

1 - 19 of 19 Posts