Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Turbo system creates inflated mpg numbers. I cannot recall the reason. @RABTECH , @Turbosling , @Funinthesun or @jonv may remember why.

I personally average 21mpg. 25mpg is the most my average has ever been (cruise control to and from MV). That is mostly highway driving. I should state that I rarely use 5th gear and see the speed limit twice per trip.;)
The turbo changes the mileage displayed on the fuel monitor due to the way Polaris calibrates mpg. The easiest way would have been to calculate how far you went and how much fuel was used and to do the math. BUT NO, they use the electronic determination based on how much fuel they THINK went through the injectors based on the ecu's calculation of rpms, pulse width (time the injectors were told to open) and uses that number to figure out the mpg. But the turbo engines use a larger injector that the ecu does not know about, so it flows more fuel than the stock ones while it's open. the ecu retune alters the on time of the injector pulse, so the gas mileage displayed is more than it really gets. Doing the calculations yourself miles traveled since last fill-up divided by gallons used between fill-ups = true MPG

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Injector duty cycles are different so the ECM's calculations are off.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Base model with Alpha CAI and JRI non-adjustible shocks and tires pressure kept at 36psi. Topeka to Denver on interstate 19 - 20 mpg at speed 70 to 75 mph. Trending uphill and mostly against the wind. Same rig, from 50 miles east of Bend, OR into same, 38mpg. Speed was 55mph due to fuel misjudgement so became very conservative. Same territory at very high speeds, sometime reaching triple digits, 21mpg.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow...an almost 2 year old thread resurrection and no @Tripod comment yet?!

Just when you think you can count on a guy....

I honestly thought he could smell a thread refresh this old without even logging in....

Should somebody start calling the police to see if he's been arrested - or hospitals or something?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Wow...an almost 2 year old thread resurrection and no @Tripod comment yet?!

Just when you think you can count on a guy....

I honestly thought he could smell a thread refresh this old without even logging in....

Should somebody start calling the police to see if he's been arrested - or hospitals or something?
I'm busy...

IMG_5406.JPG

·
Registered
491 Posts
DDM Super Charger, dual rear exit exhaust. Just checked my last night. 24.8MPG, mix of hwy and city and balls out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What is your average fuel economy reading at 60 mph?

R
That is the way they used to record and claim fuel mileage in the old days, like the 1950s. Drive a steady 60, how much did you get? Now, with the Interstates, you can't drive 60, they will run over you. But I was able to do it two years ago July 3 2015 when I went from AL to OH. Got up into KY at around 3 in the morning and was heading East on some highway, forget the number might have been US 64 and there was no traffic. I was able to drive a steady 60 for about an hour and I got 36. There was a slight mist in the air and that might have added to the mileage.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts