Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drum roll please........
Patience, please. I'm sure Bill will reveal what he can in due time. I'm as psyched as the rest of you and may try to sneak up there next week to see how it's coming along. Sure would be cool to be the lead sleigh for Rudolph next Wednesday night. And it WILL be the faster RED one by far.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Patience, please. I'm sure Bill will reveal what he can in due time. I'm as psyched as the rest of you and may try to sneak up there next week to see how it's coming along. Sure would be cool to be the lead sleigh for Rudolph next Wednesday night. And it WILL be the faster RED one by far.
Well you will have a red nose anyway- not sure if you will be faster- I haven't seen a base model yet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Bill is installing a turbo on yours right know right. The only thing that scares me about installing turbo on mine is I don't want a loud exhaust. I remember when I put my new exhaust on my Mitsubishi EVO turbo car the exhaust drone was so bad I ended up taking it off, and put stock back on. When wide open it sounded bad ass, but when just cruising it was so annoying and I was still running a cat to, removing the cat makes exhaust even louder. I was hoping for the slingshot they would make a supercharger for them so I could leave the stock exhaust for quiteness but still make it ass puckering fast

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill is installing a turbo on yours right know right. The only thing that scares me about installing turbo on mine is I don't want a loud exhaust. I remember when I put my new exhaust on my Mitsubishi EVO turbo car the exhaust drone was so bad I ended up taking it off, and put stock back on. When wide open it sounded bad ass, but when just cruising it was so annoying and I was still running a cat to, removing the cat makes exhaust even louder. I was hoping for the slingshot they would make a supercharger for them so I could leave the stock exhaust for quiteness but still make it ass puckering fast
I agree with you about not wanting an overly aggressive sounding exhaust system and having one this short may be a tall order. I'm sure there will be a few options when it's time to finish the "plumbing" that will yield both a performance enhanced system without being so loud that it impacts the ability to carry on conversations or traveling long trips and arriving without having headaches or being hearing impaired. The factory exhaust does need an enhancement even without being boosted though. If you're riding in a group of other bikes, it's hard to tell if the slingshot is still running without looking at the tach or tapping the throttle.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
This thread kind of died without resolution! Did you ever get a oil pressure or boost gauge installed?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I may have the exhaust note and noise solution. I just got in some of the coolest toys for this. Im currently installing them. Ill let yall know how they sound.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
looks interesting. I hope it helps with exhaust sound. This why I am still scared to touch it is because of the noise. Cant wait to here if it works

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
looks interesting. I hope it helps with exhaust sound. This why I am still scared to touch it is because of the noise. Cant wait to here if it works
Im hurrying. I just drilled 2 set screw holes and tapped them. Im looking now for 2 stainless bolts to run in.

I have to have allen head bolts because they are so close to the muffler body.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Absolutely amazing how much more refined it sounds now. It still has the rumbly grumbly sound. But you can actually hear the radio and you can hear yourself think. Its awesome. And when you spool up the Turbo and then let off the gas the blow off valve is massively loud.

I know this wont help many people. Just the Hahn Turbo people. But at least you know there is a amazing option to muzzle it down a bit.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This thread kind of died without resolution! Did you ever get a oil pressure or boost gauge installed?
Wow, I totally forgot I had this thread started. See what happens when it gets delivered and you're out riding and having all the fun you can? I have not added any additional gages at this point. I do have an interest in putting a boost as well as a water temperature gage in if I find a set i like and a spot that it looks like it belongs. If it doesn't look good, it's not going in.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Funinthesun What engine mods did you have to go with to break the 300whp stage reliably?
Bill will be doing a new thread about the engine build. I'd rather not get too technical for fear that someone may attempt part of these upgrades and have a disastrous result by not doing all the upgrades. The biggest part though, is to install a cylinder head stud kit to better secure the cylinder head from causing a head gasket failure with the added boost levels. Also, replace the factory connecting rods with a set of forged steel rods that are capable of taking the stress of the added horsepower. It should be able to put out close to 450 (engine) horsepower as it's built now, but until we can get the 365 horses and 406 lbs of torgue we now have to hook up, any more is a pure waste. It looks great on paper and helps repave the roads with a nice rubber coating, but to be able to safely ride in all conditions - well, let's just say it's a handful.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts