Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time is up, and I am selling my Slingshot. Started as a 2015 SL model, but has had a ton of upgrades and mods done to it. Here is a copy of my craigslist ad. I know most of you are familiar enough with the slingshot, but the ad was written for those not completely in the know.

I am selling my 2015 Slingshot SL. Factory Ecotec 2.4L motor with 5 speed manual transmission. The SL package included, radio with bluetooth connectivity, back up camera, 18" front wheels and 20" rear wheel, bright red pearl metallic paint. It currently has 15,000 miles on it. Half of those miles came from a once in a lifetime trip from Florida to California. The Slingshot performed flawlessly on that trip just as it always has since new. The warranty is good until February 2017 because of the 2 month extension from Polaris. Driving this is an experience from start to stop. The Slingshot is registered as a motorcycle in the State of Florida so you will need a motorcycle license to operate it.

I do have quite an extensive list of upgrades installed:

Under the hood:
Hahn Racecraft Stage 2X Turbo Safe 7-8lbs of boost.
Upgraded Turbo Smart blow off valve
Side exit exhaust behind right front tire under fender
Black powdercoated intercooler tubing.
Custom painted valve cover from Painter himself
Silicone radiator hoses
Polaris radiator fan shroud (helps keep the temps down inside the passenger compartment)
Lower radiator deflector underneath to help with high speed cooling in extreme temperatures
Dual pressurized hood lift shocks
Brake master cylinder brace
Fuze brand external fuse block to power accessories
All factory pieces removed for the turbo install are included.

Lighting Accessories:
Canadian Headlights installed (makes it 6 lights total)
On/Off switches for the headlights
LEDs installed in all 6 headlights
Bright White Halo rings around the outer lights.
LED under dash lights
LED glove box light
Also have rolls of RGB LED lights and controller that can be included so you can add your own colorful lights to it
The Slingshot comes with LED rear tail lights from the factory

Interior upgrades:
PRP SS seats. Marine Vinyl covering in Ostrich, Carbon Fiber, and Smooth material.
Seats are also heated with 2 different temperature settings.
4 point seat belts installed along with the factory belts still remaining in it.
Koso X2 weatherproof gauge mounted on dash to monitor Air/Fuel ratio, Boost/Vacuum, and Coolant temperature
Cycle Springs 10 piece floor mat set. (reduces temps in the cabin area)
180 degree rear view mirror
Madstad 9" adjustable windshield in dark tint
Fab Factory panoramic roof with black powder coated center section. Roof panels are currently wrapped with a decal, but I will include a second set of panels in almost new condition that are dark tint.
Slingmods outside mirror extensions
Dedicated USB charging port in glove box
Black gauge bezels around speedometer and tachometer.
NRG flat bottom steering wheel with NRG short hub.
NRG E-brake handle and boot from GPcustoms

Rear axle area:
Angle drive unit fluid has been flushed and changed to Royal Purple Synthetic fluid
Black powder coated rear belt sprocket
Fab Factory Hub Lock anodized red. Keeps the rear axle nut from coming loose
Rear swing arm drilled, tapped, and a grease fitting installed for lubing axle bearing.
Rear belt guard trimmed to show off the sprocket and Hub Lock

Suspension:
QA1 double adjustable coil over shocks all the way around. These have 16 clicks of adjustable compression and rebound. You can also adjust the ride height by turning the adjusting collars.
These shocks improve the ride quality immensely over the stock shocks. You can also go from a comfortable highway ride to a corner carving rocket in just a second by turning the adjustment knobs.
Factory shocks are included.

Wheels:
All 3 wheels are XO Luxury Verona model.
All 3 are custom painted with matching bright red barrels and notches, and gloss black spokes, not the factory matte black they come with normally.
Fronts are 20"x9" with 255x30-20 Toyo T1R performance tires
Rear is a huge 20"x12" with a monster 345x25-20 Toyo T1R performance tire.
This is the widest tire you can fit on the rear of a Slingshot while keeping the correct offset spacing.
Stock wheels and tires will be included in the sale. or we can negotiate if you dont want the larger wheels.

I am sure I am leaving some other small stuff out and will add it when I think about it. The Slingshot runs and drives great. It was originally purchased as an extra vehicle to drive on the weekends. As of now my weekends are busier than before so that means less time to drive and enjoy it so I'm letting it go. This thing handles awesome and is a blast to drive.

I do have some nice custom luggage with mounting brackets for those long trips. I used them for my trip to California. They are not included in the price above but can be purchased separately if desired. Each waterproof case will hold enough clothes for at least 10 days.

I have it listed for $25,000 on Craigslist, but will start at $24,000 for anyone on here or referenced from here. I am open to offers, and will consider less money by removing some stuff that he purchaser might not want.

Thanks for looking,
Stephen

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very nice! Interested in those wheels if the buyer doesn't want them... PM me if considering taking them off...

·
Registered
227 Posts
sad too see ya go brother, Im still interested in the wheels if the buyer doesn't want them, let me know.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,838 Posts
That is just a ridiculously good deal for someone.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,838 Posts
@CCR if you are still looking...this is the one to get.

Reactions: toobad4u

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello-

Can you tell me who did the install on the engine mods? Also, where were the QA1 shocks purchased/installed? I am currently investigating shipping costs and registration issues in California. Very nice piece at a very nice price!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahn race craft did the turbo install. It has been on there for about a year and a half now with no issues. I ordered the shocks and installed them myself. I drove it to California about 6 months ago. That trip put almost half the miles it has on it.

Stephen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stephen,
I am very interested in talking to you more about your SS. Ive reached out to you on several forums. Send me a message so we can talk.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's your price right now with the aftermarket wheels?
I'm at $22,500 with the aftermarket wheels. If the purchaser would rather have the stock wheels, the slingshot will be $21,000. I already have a buyer lined up for the wheels if the purchaser doesn't want them.
I took some more pictures this weekend I can share with potential buyers.

* I have removed the Three'sDaLife stuff off of it. It has a black Alpha coil cover, and the roof panels are back to the dark tinted units.

@sgtklein I will give you a call this evening.

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm at $22,500 with the aftermarket wheels. If the purchaser would rather have the stock wheels, the slingshot will be $21,000. I already have a buyer lined up for the wheels if the purchaser doesn't want them.
I took some more pictures this weekend I can share with potential buyers.

* I have removed the Three'sDaLife stuff off of it. It has a black Alpha coil cover, and the roof panels are back to the dark tinted units.

@sgtklein I will give you a call this evening.

Thanks,
Stephen
Thanks Stephen,

I am probably going to be a pain but since I live in Ohio I am going to have do most of this via email and phone so I need to make sure I apologize in advance. I hope you understand. Before I fly down I need to make sure I have all the info I can get.

ALL recalls been completed?
How many miles on the tires and tread depth left?
How does the top remove? Easy/quick?
Storage compartments still usable?
Receipts/paperwork for upgrades?
Service records?
All stock equipment included in purchase?
You mentioned in one of your earlier posts about adding gel inserts into your seats. Was this accomplished? results?
Dents, Scratches, Scrapes?
Track times?
Issues with the dark tint window?
How is the upgraded windshield?
Luggage wrack info? Brand? Price?

Off the top of my head this is all that comes to mind but I am sure there are hundred more questions. But I am very serious about your bike and cant wait to discus more about it with you.
I am looking forward to seeing the new pictures and I am sure I am going to ask for more (again sorry, but its hard not being able to see it in person). If you want talk privately send me an email

[email protected]

Thanks again

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@sgtklein, I copied your questions and answered them here in case anyone else looking would like to know the details.

ALL recalls been completed? The latest round of recalls, swingarm and fuel rail have notbeen done. Told the dealer I wasn't in a hurry as I haven't put 100 miles on it since the first of the year.

How many miles on the tires and tread depth left? The aftermarket tires have approx. 8-8500 miles on them currently. The fronts still look almost new. The rear is about half tread. The stock wheels and tires have 7-8k on them and all 3 still look almost new. I don't try to burn the tire off at every redlight like some do.

How does the top remove? Easy/quick? The top is a Fab Factory roof.. I would not say that it unbolts or removes easily. It is mounted to the roll hoops and down to the bars just under the dash area.

Storage compartments still usable? Both factory storage compartments are empty and can be used for whatever you want. I do not have anything mounted in them.

Receipts/paperwork for upgrades? i believe i have most of the receipts for everything that has been done to it.

Service records? I have some receipts for oil and filter purchases. The dealer has only had it for any warranty work or recall work. I am currently running Mobil 1 oil, AC Delco filter, and Royal purple synthetic gear oil in the angle drive. All of which has been done recently. I also installed a grease fitting in the swingarm so I could service the rear bearing that was giving so many people problems. If recall exchanges this swingarm, it wont have the grease fitting in it.

All stock equipment included in purchase? If you want them and have a way to transport them, you can have them.

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts about adding gel inserts into your seats. Was this accomplished? results? The gel pad worked somewhat, but I have since used a different type of foam pad in the seats along with the stock stuff. It feels okay to me now and I put 6,500 miles on it drtiving cross country.

Dents, Scratches, Scrapes? No dents, No scratches except under the front of the lower wing. There are some tiny rock chips in the front wing from the crappy roads between Florida and California.

Track times? I had it at The Firm in October of 2015 with a group of other slingshots. Other than that it has seen The Dragon a few times during the rallies up there.

Issues with the dark tint window? Not to me. You can see through it pretty easily. I'm not sure why it looks so dark in the pictures. I am 5'9" and look over it pretty easily when it is in the down position. Even at night it hasn't ever been a problem.

How is the upgraded windshield? Works pretty well. Diverts the air so you can have a conversation, but still lets enough in to help with occupant cooling. When raised up it will allow more air flow in.

Luggage wrack info? Brand? Price? The luggage boxes are Givi 55Liter boxes. I built the metal brackets that they attach to. The left side swings out to ease in fueling. If you would like to add them onto the purchase of the Slingshot, it will be an additional $1000.00. That is roughly what the boxes and mounting plates cost by themselves. Not including the brackets I built and powdercoated to mount to the roll hoop. If they don't go with the Slingshot, i willbe asking $12-$1300 for them after the sale.

I personally would have no worries with driving this thing anywhere at anytime. It hasn't given me any issues and I don't expect any in the near future.

Thanks,
Stephen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts