Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice that on some versions of the windshield, there is a vertical support? Also, if you look at the aft side closely there appear to be holes for mounting something like an iPad or other device.

No support here:
image.jpg

Support here:
image.jpg

Mounting holes?:
image.jpg

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
The top SS is the Canadian model - the bottom is probably a US car. ( the US cars have center lights). Not sure why it wouldn't have the support though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess the next question is: is it absolutely necessary for windshield structure? I would guess for speeds we see on the test ride videos, it is OK since some don't have it. They probably had some problems with mounting hole cracking at high speeds (90mph+). Polycarbonate is notorious about stress cracking and easy propogation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Acrylic is worse. Both are great at cracking at localized stress. We obviously don't know what they chose. The material properties are not bad, it just needs to be designed for that.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Did anyone notice that on some versions of the windshield, there is a vertical support? Also, if you look at the aft side closely there appear to be holes for mounting something like an iPad or other device.

No support here:
View attachment 332
Support here:
View attachment 334
Mounting holes?:
View attachment 335
I like the windshield but would like it a lot more on the SL in a dark tint. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts