Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Is that a gas-cap access port I see in the cover? Given the costs of the Polaris covers and the relatively loose fit for what they call a trailer cover, I think I'll go with the #2 cover from Oreilly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is that a gas-cap access port I see in the cover? Given the costs of the Polaris covers and the relatively loose fit for what they call a trailer cover, I think I'll go with the #2 cover from Oreilly.
It is a gas cap access cover. I got the full trailer cover, since I have no garage. It is actually tight as a glove and very well made. It has 2 underbody straps and a perimeter strap, and you can really get it snug. I can't see riding on the highway on a trailered SS.
On the down side, It is not water proof. Mine sat out in the rain for 2 days, and was mostly dry. There was about a shot glass of water in each seat. I think it will work well for the protection I need, but I will continue to look for waterproof options.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Someone else posted pictures of the trailer cover to show where it had worn thru in the area of the mirrors. I believe he actually thought that the trailer cover could be used with the Slingshot on a trailer as described on the product webpage.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I don't get the need for a gas cap access cover on the cover? Can someone explain why you would need this?

(I went with the #2 from O'Reilly)

·
Registered
852 Posts
What is the part number on the O Reilly cover please?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I couldn't find the part number on their website, but it was in the store I went to, Budge Shield Model SD2

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Someone else posted pictures of the trailer cover to show where it had worn thru in the area of the mirrors. I believe he actually thought that the trailer cover could be used with the Slingshot on a trailer as described on the product webpage.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts