Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just want to share a product that we are getting ready to produce. It will be a bolt in roll cage for the sling shot. The prototype is just about done and we will update as we go.

The SS definitely gets a lot of attention from our clients who visits the shop. One of the first thing everything says is how dangerous it looks. We've decided to add some safety to vehicle that both looks and serves it's purpose. We are working on brackets to bolt some mirrors on as well as a rear view :)

The final product will be painted or powder coated. The cage is constructed from lightweight chromoly tubing.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Now its nice work, so dont get me wrong, but what are the roll bars for? In case of a roll over? This thing is wider than it is high, it would be pretty difficult to roll it to say the least.
Is it extra crash protection? Not sure about that.
Will it make people feel safer driving it? Maybe.
Does it look like a dune buggy? Yes.

What exactly is the purpose of the roll bars?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
NICE JOB..Like I Posted Earlier You Must Be some Kind of Race Car Fabricators..I am a long time drag racer..been around a lot of chassis fabricators And To Me It Looks Like Quality..Nice Welds....this cage is removable..Can add mirrors.. can put storage bags on top for them long trips...can add canvas for the sun..can add a roof panel....AND it Is Removable...It might be for everyone.. But it is good for some...WELL DONE...Tom n Carol
IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG

·
Registered
410 Posts
So does this let you ride without a helmet in some states?

Virginia law states: "...autocycles that have nonremovable roofs, windshields, and enclosed bodies shall not be required to wear protective helmets." What's the definition of enclosed? Does this mean an Elio won't require a helmet, but a Slingshot w/roll bar or a T Rex still does?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
So does this let you ride without a helmet in some states?

Virginia law states: "...autocycles that have nonremovable roofs, windshields, and enclosed bodies shall not be required to wear protective helmets." What's the definition of enclosed? Does this mean an Elio won't require a helmet, but a Slingshot w/roll bar or a T Rex still does?
Check the law. In Alabama if its "enclosed" cabin you don't have to. In Tennessee you dont if its "enclosed" or "fully enclosed".

Been pulled over by 2 Alabama trooper and 2 city cops. Showed them the law and all said "looks good. But I do wear a seat belt when I'm in the slingshot.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Check the law. In Alabama if its "enclosed" cabin you don't have to. In Tennessee you dont if its "enclosed" or "fully enclosed".

Been pulled over by 2 Alabama trooper and 2 city cops. Showed them the law and all said "looks good. But I do wear a seat belt when I'm in the slingshot.
You'll be able to out run them soon... :android:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I would love to see some UPS boxes arriving next week. Would make my day...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts