Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just want to share a product that we are getting ready to produce. It will be a bolt in roll cage for the sling shot. The prototype is just about done and we will update as we go.

The SS definitely gets a lot of attention from our clients who visits the shop. One of the first thing everything says is how dangerous it looks. We've decided to add some safety to vehicle that both looks and serves it's purpose. We are working on brackets to bolt some mirrors on as well as a rear view :)

The final product will be painted or powder coated. The cage is constructed from lightweight chromoly tubing.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good to see people doing the custom work on them . If I find it to be tipsy I might consider a cage ,but after 1500 miles of twisty roads -I'm good for now as is .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice work, I can appreciate the time that metal fab. takes! IMO takes away the sleek lines and changes the look to a buggie too much.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Love the idea as it gives the option of a roof and possibly rain protection, but not digging the dune buggy look. Love to see the mods though. Keep em coming.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Full Blown . . . .Very-Very-Nice . . must be some kind of race car chassis fabricators - Beautiful Work - Super Great for Touring-Luggage Rack~Rear View Mirror~Lights- - Summer = Canvas/Sun---Winter = bolt on Hardtop - - - - - - with Sides/zip Windows (like the old Jeep wranglers/removable light weight doors )-(heater/with relocated exhaust) - - - All Removable - - - - - - -For back to the Sport Look . . . . Nice Looking Welds . . . . . . . . . Tom n Carol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Roll cage = safety. If you don't want it or need it great.

Now let's think if any style roll cage will make you guys happy?

They way I look at this piece is that it's removeable, direct bolt on, what a roll cage looks like and hopefully safe enough to save my life in a accident.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe incorporate a trailer hitch into it too? lol
Full blown I'm sorry! People here have no clue like tracking a car and it seems something that is a must if u make it a road race car. It seems like people are being so negative towards them. He's doing us a favor offering us something out of gate! I want to thank you guys for that!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I appreciate the effort taken to build this roll cage and offer it for members who desire one. I'm not sure I want one myself thou I do see the benefit of having one on board.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Props for all the hard work. Crazy.. with a cage makes the front end of the SS look like a meyers manx a bit.
Wow, that was also the first thing I thought. And don't get me wrong, I like the manx. I used to want one as a kid, but I personally like the look of the SS for different reasons.

I'm sure that the folks looking for a roof and a full windshield, roll over protection, more luggage accessory options etc. appreciate seeing this as a first step. I've always been an advocate for someone to make it fit their needs for whatever makes them happy. Good work.

That said, saying it isn't necessarily for me doesn't mean I'm being negative.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good idea, I know some will like the option to enclose it. I like the shot from the front but the sides don't flow with it yet.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts