Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Installed mine today.
Great mid range gain! Sounds great and feels better in mid range pull.
Might have to pull the trigger on the Hahn Turbo!
If 10hp feels this good...geeeze...I kringe thinking about 100hp gain

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but be careful with the ribs on the K&N filter. There very easy to bend and are hard to straighten back out perfect. I bent mine and put them on the bottom so no one can see it. :)
Ordered mine last night. Any other install or operational notes from those who have theirs?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
anyone know if this is good? Looks cool, but not sure how well it works

talking about just the filter, not the kit. The above photo is just so you can see it attached. Full Blown, could this be used instead of the K&N filter?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Do you now who makes the filter? I haven't seen anything like that before. Is it foam? Or K&N style oiled filter? Thing looks pretty big, I would worry about being able to close the hood? Looks cool though.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Do you now who makes the filter? I haven't seen anything like that before. Is it foam? Or K&N style oiled filter? Thing looks pretty big, I would worry about being able to close the hood? Looks cool though.
it's called a dragon filter, don't know if it's worth anything. Different sites say it's good. Agree on the size, not sure if it would fit. Love the look!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Ordered mine last night. Any other install or operational notes from those who have theirs?
As Hogg mentioned careful not to bend the wire-elements install the filter onto the air tube before threading in the 10mm mounting screw...I set the air tube & mounting screw first then tried twisting the filter on...NOT GOOD!
I'm getting a second filter so when it comes time for cleaning I'll swap it out & have a spare so no need to wait for K&N spray to dry.

·
Registered
792 Posts
As Hogg mentioned careful not to bend the wire-elements install the filter onto the air tube before threading in the 10mm mounting screw...I set the air tube & mounting screw first then tried twisting the filter on...NOT GOOD!
I'm getting a second filter so when it comes time for cleaning I'll swap it out & have a spare so no need to wait for K&N spray to dry.
Thanks buddy

61 - 80 of 93 Posts