Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Don't think the front matters much. But either way I am happy. I do the exact 180 mile loop several times a month and the mileage on yhr loop via odometer is the same before and after taller front tires.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Don't think the front matters much. But either way I am happy. I do the exact 180 mile loop several times a month and the mileage on yhr loop via odometer is the same before and after taller front tires.
Front won’t change it at all. It’s the rear I’m referring to. A taller rear tire will through it off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a little over 30,000 miles on my 2017 SLR. I normally get about 30 mile to the gallon. A few weeks ago a guy I know gave me a sample of Fuel Factor X. It’s supposed to increase your mileage among a host of other things. My mileage dropped by about 5 mpg around town but started to get a little better until I left on a trip. My mileage got down to 19 at one point. That was driving at a higher altitude and through some hilly areas. After 1,500 miles while still at about 8,000 feet it jumped to 38.6 mpg. It has now settled down to 31 mpg. I hope It stays there. Just so you know, I was resetting the average mpg every day.

·
Registered
2016 SS SL
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a little over 30,000 miles on my 2017 SLR. I normally get about 30 mile to the gallon. A few weeks ago a guy I know gave me a sample of Fuel Factor X. It’s supposed to increase your mileage among a host of other things. My mileage dropped by about 5 mpg around town but started to get a little better until I left on a trip. My mileage got down to 19 at one point. That was driving at a higher altitude and through some hilly areas. After 1,500 miles while still at about 8,000 feet it jumped to 38.6 mpg. It has now settled down to 31 mpg. I hope It stays there. Just so you know, I was resetting the average mpg every day.
What is size and cost of fuel faxtor? Instructions say put a bottle in each time you fill up. I am looking at about $45 to fill up. If I added fuel stuff $50 or more??? Also, Do you burn 91 high octane or less? A review I read indicated it took more to get higher MPG in high performance engine. Can ou provide a bit more info? If not no problem. BTW, my 16 SS SL is getting a steady 27.6 MPG (33K miles)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
An interesting lil side note, at least for me, where all winter when we had the top installed we have been seeing right around 27 MPG. Today we took our first round-robin-cross-country tour of just shy of 300 miles without the top and was showing 31 MPG.

Bill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts