Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, Im thinking about selling my Boulevard and buying a SS. I had a back surgery 5 years ago and it gets harder and harder on long trips. The wife really digs carving up the Three Sisters in Kerrville but she would love it even more in a SS.

Anyone have some input (good, bad or ugly) on specific dealers in Ft. Worth/ Dallas area.

Thanks Guys

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Hello, not sure how far youre willing to drive to get this SS, but I am up in Michigan and would love to send you a quote for an SS. hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DKF, I will give them a shout.

Bryan that would be a haul and a half. I will see who is around here, thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Freedom Powersports in Weatherford should have one on the showroom floor 1st week of October. I want to slide in and see how it feels....Have a feeling I will have to get one, I have a Miata that is a commuter/track car and that thing is a blast. This is lighter and more power...should be a good time

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I strongly recommend just contacting all of the Slingshot dealers within whatever distance from Ft Worth you feel like traveling. I live outside Houston and contacted approximately 8 Slingshot dealers within about 2 hrs of Spring, TX (just North of Houston off I-45). I asked them for an Out-The-Door price including any freight/setup and tax, tags, etc. I ended up placing a deposit at Lufkin Power Sports as they offered the best OTD price w/a reasonable deposit of $500 (refundable) and lowest combination of freight/setup and processing fees. I encountered some minor problems when I used the Polaris Slingshot page to contact the different authorized Slingshot dealers as it appeared to have a limit on how many dealers I could use the Polaris Internet Price page to contact. I ended up copying the contact info from a couple dealers' websites and just using my normal email to contact them.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Freedom Powersports in Weatherford should have one on the showroom floor 1st week of October. I want to slide in and see how it feels....Have a feeling I will have to get one, I have a Miata that is a commuter/track car and that thing is a blast. This is lighter and more power...should be a good time
There are many dealers in your driving area that do not charge freight. By making a few calls to dealers you could save over $1,000 on your purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as soon as they get one I want to go sit in it, and drool all over it :nailbiting:
Then make a non-impulse decision. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I understand about the non-impulse decision. I have wanted a reverse trike for years and this is the first truly mass-produced one to come along and it has a relatively sane price, especially compared to the prices of previous 3-wheelers, RT or not. At the same time, I am concerned about insurance costs as I have seen estimates all over the place. My insurance company hasn't gotten back to me with a quote or even a ballpark estimate so I am concerned. At this point in time, insurance cost will be the determining factor as to whether or not I buy the Slingshot, or eventually buy a Mini or wait for the ABS version of the Yamaha FZ-09 to become available here in the US. Insurance costs in Texas are bad enough w/o buying something that might be too expensive insurance-wise to justify my purchase.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have a deposit on an SL at Freedom Powersports in Hurst. I currently have a BMW K1600 GTL that I purchased from BMW of Fort Worth, which is now part of the Freedom Powersports family. I've had a good experience with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I strongly recommend just contacting all of the Slingshot dealers within whatever distance from Ft Worth you feel like traveling. I live outside Houston and contacted approximately 8 Slingshot dealers within about 2 hrs of Spring, TX (just North of Houston off I-45). I asked them for an Out-The-Door price including any freight/setup and tax, tags, etc. I ended up placing a deposit at Lufkin Power Sports as they offered the best OTD price w/a reasonable deposit of $500 (refundable) and lowest combination of freight/setup and processing fees. I encountered some minor problems when I used the Polaris Slingshot page to contact the different authorized Slingshot dealers as it appeared to have a limit on how many dealers I could use the Polaris Internet Price page to contact. I ended up copying the contact info from a couple dealers' websites and just using my normal email to contact them.
Dude..I used Lufkin Power Sports too but they asked for $1000 refundable deposit...when did you order yours?

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Aug 21st. A refundable deposit was my main concern. Several Houston area dealers wanted non-refundable deposits AND had higher delivery/setup fees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aug 21st. A refundable deposit was my main concern. Several Houston area dealers wanted non-refundable deposits AND had higher delivery/setup fees.
have you looked for insurance quotes yet? I have but with little success...most quotes are $1700 yr. and above (I'm 28, no points,married, homeowner) I'm pretty sure there must be reasonable prices out there. Thanks dude.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I have my hose and cars with AAA-Texas and my motorcycle insurance is thru AAA-associated Dairyland and cost a little more, but overall, I ended up saving about 30% compared to my old insurer.
Unfortunately, I just called Dairyland and spoke with a customer rep who told me they won't insure the Slingshot because the motor is too big. Dairyland's website let me select the Slingshot, butthen said NO!
I was able to get an online estimate using Markel's website (www.markelinsuresfun.com) that ranged from $400-750 based on selected coverages, but that didn't include a VIN. From what I've read on the forum, a VIN is required to get a reliable estimate, so I will try again w/Markel once I know the VIN. Of course, someone else posted thatMarkel won't cover the Slingshot,but Markel's website allows you to select the Slingshot and will provide an estimate.
FWIW, I'm almost 62, Married, Homeowner, No points and 3 cars/2 motorcycle not including the Slingshot.
Here in harris County, insurance rates are INSANE! Even with the money I saved switching to AAA/Dairyland, I'm still paying 2-3 times what I paid before we moved here from Virginia.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I live in Fort Worth and have purchased two Victory motorcycles from Freedom Powersports. All their dealers want $1000 for freight and $1000 for prep. I went to Durant Oklahoma to Jones motorsports and they do NOT charge for any of this. Just the usual TTL, no markup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts