Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the following post pertaining to wheel alignment over on http://forum.slingshotroadsters.com/forum & thought this was an interesting topic since we were told of toe in / out issues. Comments anyone?
IT’S OFFICIAL THE POLARIS SLINGSHOT HAS TOE ISSUES AND NOT SQUARE WITH THE REAR WHEEL
Thanks to Bob from Central Florida for bringing the “FIRST” Polaris Slingshot to True Laser Track headquarters for us to see if alignment was needed …and the answer is YES. During Biketoberfest 2014 I had looked under the hood at one on display in New Smyrna and could tell by the attitude of the tie rods that things “chassis wise” would not be working well…but I actually wanted to get my hands on one and today was the day.
The front wheels where not square to the rear wheel and Bobs Slingshot had TOE OUT.
I used my General Motors adapters( adapters we use in NASCAR) to align the Slingshot but I will be manufacturing magnetic adapters so a Dealer can use the Spyder True Laser Track system…they will just have to change adapters.
Bob was hesitant about coming to the shop as he wasn’t sure it even needed an alignment…he said it drove great. After I aligned the Slingshot and Bob took it out for a test drive…he said OMG…NOW it is GREAT. The tiny bit of darting around the corners was gone. And better yet imagine how the gain on tire wear will be !!
That is great news for our existing BRP Dealers…they can now use the patented True Laser Track/ Outlaw/ Rolo System for both Spyders and the Slingshot.
For more info call 386-427-8522…we will be getting prices soon

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Interesting. Kind of read like an ad but doesn't mean it ain't true.

The problem reported by Polaris and broken open by that magazine article was not a toe problem but camber. I still find it hard to believe that was the cause of all the delays.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Interesting. Kind of read like an ad but doesn't mean it ain't true.

The problem reported by Polaris and broken open by that magazine article was not a toe problem but camber. I still find it hard to believe that was the cause of all the delays.
You and me both.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked for the post but couldn't find it again either. Maybe the administrator pulled it? If you click on the green section in my 1st post you'll be able to read the entire article.
Larry

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Do we need special tools to align this thing?
I wouldnt think so but Id hate to drop a few dollars to have the alignment checked only to find out the guy cant tweak it anyway.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I am a Can Am Spyder laser alignment guy. I paid a total of 2400.00 for the software and cable and the alignment tools. I have aligned a few spyders. Nothing close to enough to actually pay for the equipment. I think the hook up cable under the dash is the same as the one I have for the spyder. Ill look at it and post a picture in a little bit. Obviously I have no software to communicate with the ECU but It would be a start having the correct cable. I think the hubs centers are close to the same as the spyders. It just depends how deep the center is. Im fixing to get up and go to the shop and put the infotainment center in. Ill open up the case with the tools in it and see how close everything is.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Do we need special tools to align this thing?
I wouldnt think so but Id hate to drop a few dollars to have the alignment checked only to find out the guy cant tweak it anyway.
On the alignment on the spyder I have to reset the steering sensor once I make the adjustment. It is done with the BRP software I bought. Im sure it will be the same for the slingshot. Give me a day to two to see how it fits the hubs. If it does and sits in the centers perfect then at least we can tell if its dead center or how much it is towed in or out...

Reactions: TravAZ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts