Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hopefully someone can help me. I had TricLed white/amber lights installed, that have since been removed. My issue is now my front signal lights don't flash when I try to signal in either direction. The rear lights operate normally, my horn work, and the front signal lights come on but don't flash. It seems strange that both relays would go out at the same time if that is the problem.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Just
Hello, hopefully someone can help me. I had TricLed white/amber lights installed, that have since been removed. My issue is now my front signal lights don't flash when I try to signal in either direction. The rear lights operate normally, my horn work, and the front signal lights come on but don't flash. It seems strange that both relays would go out at the same time if that is the problem.
Just out of curiosity, why did you remove the TricLed lights? Did they crap out on you? I've considered purchasing those in the past, but what's your opinion of them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just

Just out of curiosity, why did you remove the TricLed lights? Did they crap out on you? I've considered purchasing those in the past, but what's your opinion of them?
Just

No the lights didn't go out. They were great. I just changed up my light scheme. The lights are bright and when they flashed it looked really nice. That's why I am puzzled to why my front lights don't flash since I removed them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No the lights didn't go out. They were great. I just changed up my light scheme. The lights are bright and when they flashed it looked really nice. That's why I am puzzled to why my front lights don't flash since I removed them.
I’m no expert, but it’s possible that they installed a current limiter along with the LEDs to retain the correct current draw with the extra lights. With the lights removed, it may be that the current limiter is still in the circuit and the flasher isn’t seeing the correct current draw. I would contact tricled and ask if there is a current limiter as part of the system, and if so, where it is installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m no expert, but it’s possible that they installed a current limiter along with the LEDs to retain the correct current draw with the extra lights. With the lights removed, it may be that the current limiter is still in the circuit and the flasher isn’t seeing the correct current draw. I would contact tricled and ask if there is a current limiter as part of the system, and if so, where it is installed.
Thank you, I will contact them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts