Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front fenders wobble at high speed - over 85 - I adjusted the front fender supports a little but afraid to go any more . Anyone else have this problem ? I have a 3/4 gap between the top of the fender where it rest on top of the lights . I had to put new rubber supports on the hood , being the old ones fell of - and my dealer says they are on back order .
Solutions ?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm considering using Velcro straps to hold the fenders down by securing the hood to the headlight supports.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Solutions ?
Kinda like the old joke, "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this"..................Doctor........"Then don't do that!"

The speed limit here in Oregon is 65 MPH...............no problem!

Yea, I woke up in a smart-assed mood this morning! :rolleyes:

Bill

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yes, the fenders wobble at high speed, but they havnt had any negative impact on the drive as far as I am concerned so it doesn't bother me.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
It figures, another part on backorder, they have parts to build new ones but no parts to keep us going.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yea make sure the front two latches are secured. Also , i can tell you that the wings will lift about 5 or more inches at speeds above 110mph. I have a video where the camera is securely mounted on the windshield and you can clearly see the hood moving around.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm working on several solutions to this, probably won't have one nailed down until winter comes. It's not proprietary or to be sold, I plan to post them here as DIY. The most promising involves some low cost, rubber dipped and strategically placed magnets. If anyone has "magnet connections" PM me and I'll send you the drawings.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea make sure the front two latches are secured. Also , i can tell you that the wings will lift about 5 or more inches at speeds above 110mph. I have a video where the camera is securely mounted on the windshield and you can clearly see the hood moving around.

That does seem excessive ! Bad ass by the way !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after giving her a good cleaning , I found all the screws attaching the outer fenders to the main hood , we're all loose .
And I do believe my right front hood latch probably didn't set . Now there is a big difference in how stiff the fenders are .
All set to take her around the track at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Sunday !
Thanks for the input everyone !

·
Registered
48 Posts
@Papa Ske make sure your front hood latch is locked in, mine wobbled and I pushed on the front left hood latch and heard a click then did 120 with no wobble...yes...120...I can because of this;
View attachment 28587
View attachment 28588

That was my problem too the front one was not latched the first time above 95 the front right fender was moving around. Latched all of the hood latches and way better.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
The people that are posting speeds above 125 need to post some proof. I have my doubts on any stock SS running up in the 130 range. Its hard enough to get to 135 with 8 pounds of perfectly tuned boost.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have slightly bumped 135 but I'm telling you it's like hitting a wall. Even with ample boost

1 - 20 of 32 Posts