Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after an unhealthy amount of waiting, I finally got my base model. I was first on the list, and as such, I had gotten a quote for a ridiculous amount, a little north of $24k out the door. This quote was from Tony at RideNow Ocala, but he has since moved to the Daytona store. Well, Tony was replaced with Joy, and she's awesome! I showed up yesterday with about $23k (knowing I was giving them a few hundred dollars extra) and she made it happen! The finance guy didn't want to 'give any discounts on the slingshot' but I spoke with Joy and she fixed things. I would recommend her very highly. I had my price breakdown of how much everything cost, and like I said, I threw in a few hundred extra, but really, after tax and tag, I only ended up giving them a little over $1k for freight, setup, and profit margin (over dealer invoice).

I really can't say this enough. Joy was awesome. She worked all sorts of transfer magic to get me a base from another location, and it happened fast, too!

RideNow Ocala-->Joy-->Awesome Salesperson!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Da
So after an unhealthy amount of waiting, I finally got my base model. I was first on the list, and as such, I had gotten a quote for a ridiculous amount, a little north of $24k out the door. This quote was from Tony at RideNow Ocala, but he has since moved to the Daytona store. Well, Tony was replaced with Joy, and she's awesome! I showed up yesterday with about $23k (knowing I was giving them a few hundred dollars extra) and she made it happen! The finance guy didn't want to 'give any discounts on the slingshot' but I spoke with Joy and she fixed things. I would recommend her very highly. I had my price breakdown of how much everything cost, and like I said, I threw in a few hundred extra, but really, after tax and tag, I only ended up giving them a little over $1k for freight, setup, and profit margin (over dealer invoice).

I really can't say this enough. Joy was awesome. She worked all sorts of transfer magic to get me a base from another location, and it happened fast, too!

Dang!, wish RNO had answered my request for a quote back in July. Tried twice but got no answer. Bought my SxS ATV there, worked with Tony.

BTW, whatever happened to Jazmine from RNO? She was on the forum for awhile.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDK, but as of a few weeks ago, she was still there. Have you gotten your SS from Gainesville Polaris yet? If not, it might pay to talk to Joy; they may still have some available.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
IDK, but as of a few weeks ago, she was still there. Have you gotten your SS from Gainesville Polaris yet? If not, it might pay to talk to Joy; they may still have some available.
POG got a bit upset at my comments on this forum and unilatterally canceled my order & refunded my deposit. I did not object :)

I went to the back of the line (#6) at Route 1 Motorsports, Grant FL where Ben was a pleasure to work with and gave me a very fair deal. I'll hang in there with that order. I'm having a blast with my SS substitute project (WhatThe) so I'm happy for now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
POG got a bit upset at my comments on this forum and unilatterally canceled my order & refunded my deposit. I did not object :)

I went to the back of the line (#6) at Route 1 Motorsports, Grant FL where Ben was a pleasure to work with and gave me a very fair deal. I'll hang in there with that order. I'm having a blast with my SS substitute project (WhatThe) so I'm happy for now.
I'd like to hear more about this. A dealer saw comments on this forum and refused to sell you the vehicle?

That's bizarre. Do tell more!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quite a bit of it was tax, tag, and title, but as I said, I was willing to give Joy a bit extra because she worked hard for me and had great customer service. That's something I find very valuable, and usually lacking these days. I suppose you could consider the extra money kind of like a tip. I only paid a couple hundred for setup and delivery, and no extra charges, and Joy even threw in a free cockpit cover.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Wow, sorry I missed this, congratulations blackthumb!:)
Do you have any feed back yet?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'd like to hear more about this. A dealer saw comments on this forum and refused to sell you the vehicle?

That's bizarre. Do tell more!
Litteraly true. I can't remember the thread title now but I posted the details and email from the dealer canceling the order on this forum. I'll see if I can remember or find the thread.

Here's the 'Cliff Notes' version.
I put down deposit #1 ($1000 Non-refundable they said) for an SL) on July 31, 2014 and was promissed the second one they received. (they told me in advance that they were keeping the first one).

I willingly agreed to the $1400 in shipping & setup in order to insure a first batch delivery.

I was of course anxious to see a SS but when the dealer got those first two SLs (sometime in late Nov IIRC) they didn't even call me. Instead, they offered 'my' SL to another buyer (as also reported by a forum member) at an even higher premium above MSRP (something like $2500 I think).

Was I pissed? You bet, and I said so on this forum. The next day I got the cancelation email from the dealer who said he saw my comments on this forum and was not happy about it. 10 days or so later I did get my deposit back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Litteraly true. I can't remember the thread title now but I posted the details and email from the dealer canceling the order on this forum. I'll see if I can remember or find the thread.

Here's the 'Cliff Notes' version.
I put down deposit #1 ($1000 Non-refundable they said) for an SL) on July 31, 2014 and was promissed the second one they received. (they told me in advance that they were keeping the first one).

I willingly agreed to the $1400 in shipping & setup in order to insure a first batch delivery.

I was of course anxious to see a SS but when the dealer got those first two SLs (sometime in late Nov IIRC) they didn't even call me. Instead, they offered 'my' SL to another buyer (as also reported by a forum member) at an even higher premium above MSRP (something like $2500 I think).

Was I pissed? You bet, and I said so on this forum. The next day I got the cancelation email from the dealer who said he saw my comments on this forum and was not happy about it. 10 days or so later I did get my deposit back.
And i know for a FACT that dealer has lost MORE that the $1200 or $2400 that they made from that underhanded deal in lost sales, service and accessory sales.
How do I know this for a FACT?
Because i live about 30 minutes away from them, and they were going to be my dealer for service if i needed it and for accessories when the SS came in.
But now I will not set foot in that place, as well as tell everyone that i know which dealer to use and which one to run away from full speed.
So their greed and dishonest business practices has cost them more than they can ever know or calculate.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Feedback...so many little things. No time right now, but I'm at about 2750 miles and got a check engine code I need to check out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts