Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just quoted me $1500 freight And $635 setup fee For a total of $2135 added to the price

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was charged $695 and $695. This is just another way to mark up the sticker price. I've heard of some dealers charging $1800 and $1800.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Mine is $675 and $675.

I agree, that is another way they can make money. I will be giving my dealer plenty of money when I impulse buy all the damn accessories when it comes in. :hungry:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Unless you are adding a bunch of accessories there shouldn't be much the dealer has to do for setup. Hook up the battery, put the rear closeout on and attach mirors, and that is about it.

Unlike RZR and Rangers that ship with some assembly required like roll cage, tires, etc the slingshot is shipped pretty complete.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No dealer or freight charges, kens sports in Wisconsin
That's great and how it should be! I can understand some fees but a lot of them are just trying to take as much money from the customer as they can. I remember dealers that take care of me and return.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Delivery charge is real, no different than purchasing a car or truck. Dealers have to pay it, so it gets added into price of the vehicle. With a vehicle with this kind of demand, pretty hard to negotiate that out of the price at this point.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow, that's not bad at all. I could live with those charges. I don't mind paying a little more as long as the dealer provides good support and service after the sale.

Mine is $675 and $675.

I agree, that is another way they can make money. I will be giving my dealer plenty of money when I impulse buy all the damn accessories when it comes in. :hungry:

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
If a dealer is charging the same amount for delivery/prep as other dealers in the area and the charges seem reasonable to me, then OK. If a dealer is asking significantly more in what looks like a grab for my money, then either I go someplace else or just don't buy one at all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like one of the other guys said went to CYCLE NATION IN MCDONOUGH GA to put down a deposit after I sign up for internet price and was told that the price was going to be 2000.00 more. I ask why and he said that they where charging me a premium to be in the first group to buy this bike. That never mind the internet price that what they charge on all their bike. I told him if I find it cheaper I will cancel my order with him. I found it for the internet price with another dealer and cancel my order with PRICE GOUGHING CYCLE NATION OF MCDNOUGH GA. PLEASE PEOPLE SHOP OTHER DEALERSHIP. IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR NEXT SHIPMENT OR CALL ANOTHER DEALERSHIP CAUSE IN THE LONG RUN YOU CAN HAVE ONE SHIP TO YOU INSTEAD OF PAYING SUCH A HIGH PREMIUM. MY 2CENTS

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like one of the other guys said went to CYCLE NATION IN MCDONOUGH GA to put down a deposit after I sign up for internet price and was told that the price was going to be 2000.00 more. I ask why and he said that they where charging me a premium to be in the first group to buy this bike. That never mind the internet price that what they charge on all their bike. I told him if I find it cheaper I will cancel my order with him. I found it for the internet price with another dealer and cancel my order with PRICE GOUGHING CYCLE NATION OF MCDNOUGH GA. PLEASE PEOPLE SHOP OTHER DEALERSHIP. IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR NEXT SHIPMENT OR CALL ANOTHER DEALERSHIP CAUSE IN THE LONG RUN YOU CAN HAVE ONE SHIP TO YOU INSTEAD OF PAYING SUCH A HIGH PREMIUM. MY 2CENTS
I want the first one that hits Texas, I will pay a few hundred dollars extra to be able to use it this year. That's just my two cents

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you from McDonough? I grew up down HWY 20 heading towards Conyers.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts