Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my wife of 17 years have never looked or took any interest on any of my toys. I brought home Ducati 748, Ducati 1098, Victory Hardball, Mitsubishi Evo X, BMW M5.. ect...ect.... Her response was simple... you got a new toy !!.. looks cool. I offered to take her for a ride numerous times and she wasn't interested. She's just not into performance vehicles. ..
Until I brought the SS home. ... it was like 30 degrees outside. .. out of the blue she ask me to take her for a ride. I was like. .. excuse me?
She takes some pictures. ..then posts on her Facebook. .. I was shocked !
She gets in the passenger seat. Asks me. .. this is motorcycle? I replied yes. ..
She asks. . So you need a motorcycle license? I said, no you just need to wear a helmet.
Short pause. ... then she said.... so I can drive this thing when you're not home?
Long story short. .. for the first time she took interest in my new toy and we had a blast.... she even brought two blankets to keep herself warm while I froze my ass off.
It's going to be a kick ass summer.
Thank you Polaris :):):)
p.s. I may have to hide the keys when I'm away..
P.s.s. more power please !!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
In Minnesota you better have a motorcycle license if caught driving it. But I agree, it's always great when the other half takes an interest. It took the Goldwing and now the SS for my wife to get interested over all my other bikes and toys.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Congrats, I hope the SS sparks a new wave of female riders!

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's cool! Thanks for sharing with us! My wife, who's...are ya ready for this, 70 years young, has always loved and rode on/in all my toys except the Buell Lightning, Ninja 1000, VFR750 and my Honda CBR XX Super Blackbird....can't understand that...LOL! But now....she loves the Slingshot with the limited riding we've been able to do with this frigid NE Ohio wind offa Lake Erie. You and her have a ball and ride safe!

·
Registered
173 Posts
So my wife of 17 years have never looked or took any interest on any of my toys. I brought home Ducati 748, Ducati 1098, Victory Hardball, Mitsubishi Evo X, BMW M5.. ect...ect.... Her response was simple... you got a new toy !!.. looks cool. I offered to take her for a ride numerous times and she wasn't interested. She's just not into performance vehicles. ..
Until I brought the SS home. ... it was like 30 degrees outside. .. out of the blue she ask me to take her for a ride. I was like. .. excuse me?
She gets in the passenger seat. Asks me. .. this is motorcycle? I replied yes. ..
She asks. . So you need a motorcycle license? I said, no you just need to wear a helmet.
Short pause. ... then she said.... so I can drive this thing when you're not home?
Long story short. .. for the first time she took interest in my new toy and we had a blast.... she even brought two blankets to keep herself warm while I froze my ass off.
Sounds like the mold wasn't broken after my Wife! Thanks for sharing that:)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
That's just awesome infostrada. :) Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
G
That's great, Infostrada. My wife of 43 years hasn't rode or flown with me since we met (1966). Doesn't help that she is an ER Nurse and has seen to many busted up people. She says she don't like people staring at her either. Oh well, have to go alone.;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is a Hall of Fame outcome... it's great to have your wife as ramped up about it as you are, Infostrada! That's like a free prize with purchase!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do you not have to have a motorcycle endorsement or license where you live? That is odd....

But congrats man I drove mine today from the dealership and my wife was all jealous and says she wants to go for a ride this weekend if weather permits.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The first time I showed my wife the video she said we should sell our bikes and get one. Bikes are gone waiting on the elusive gray one.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
THAT is GREAT infostrada748! Take Her to secluded parking lot/park n ride, and teach her how to drive. CLUTCH-engagement LEVEL PAVEMENT-- NO FOOT ON GAS PEDAL--EASE OUT ON-CLUTCH--THEN GAS-- TO STOP--PUSH CLUTCH IN/HOLD/FOOT OFF GAS/APPLY BRAKES-- STOPPED--PUT SHIFTER INTO NEUTRAL--LET OFF CLUTCH-PEDAL. TO PARK -- WITH ENGINE STILL RUNNING AT IDLE--FOOT OFF GAS PEDAL--APPLY EMERGENCY/PARKING BRAKE-- PUSH-IN/DEPRESS CLUTCH PEDAL-- PUT INTO 1st GEAR-- SHUT KEY/IGNITION/ENGINE OFF-- LET FOOT OFF CLUTCH-THEN LET FOOT OFF BRAKE-- TAKE KEY OUT--EXIT-- ********* BACKING UP ** ALWAYS PUT INTO ANY FORWARD GEAR BEFORE REVERSE (I prefer 1st-because) A--N-D YOU WILL N E V E R - E V E R GET A GRIND! AFTER LEVEL-REVERSE-UPHILL-DOWNHILL-PARKING - You will possibly have a backup driver in case you eat or drink too much. P.S. My Carol can ride her Spyder as well as I can ride Mine, in fact, when we ride it is like riding with another me/clone. HAVE A HAPPY/SAFE/HEALTHY/SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR Tom n Carol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts