Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Fox / Ridetech Air Ride Suspension kit is a complete bolt-on upgrade for adjustable ride height.
  • Bolt on Installation
  • Billet Aluminum Valve Body
  • PNP Wiring Harness
  • Digital Display Options
  • FOX/Ridetech SHOX
  • Sufficient Air Storage (Air up both Front/Rear without waiting for tank to refill)
  • High-Quality Spherical Bearings
  • HX Series SHOX featuring Adjustable Rebound
Standard Features
  • Easy access adjuster knob allows a wide range of 26 clicks of rebound adjustment →
  • Large rubber external bumpstop to prevent harsh bottoming out →
  • 5/8″ hardened shaft is precision ground and straightened to a tolerance of .001″ for increased durability and performance →
  • Billet end cap with integrated debris wiper to prevent seal damage →
  • Oversized rod guide improves piston rod stability →
  • Integral internal bumpstop eliminates extension crashing →
  • Monotube design allows large piston for superior oil control, ride quality, and handling →
  • Hard coat external anodizing ensures years of lasting beauty and performance →
  • Teflon piston wiper and progressive valving allow consistent piston/bore contact and repeatable performance →
  • Monotube bore is cathode anodized for years of wear resistance →
  • Specially contoured composite gas separator cup optimizes dead length and ensures proper nitrogen/oil separation →
  • One piece IMPACT FORGED body allows efficient manufacture and reliable leak-free operation →
  • Long lasting Kevlar lined bearings allow wide articulation and low noise →
The Handling Quality (“HQ”) series features adjustable shock valving. It is housed in a lightweight aluminum impact forged construction that is available in a wide range of stroke lengths, and mounting styles to fit a large variety of applications.

Features:
• Aluminum impact forged construction allows leak free operation
• Single rebound shock valving adjustment
• Monotube design for superior oil control
• Easy & precise valve adjustment with 26 rebound clicks

Available for $2800 plus shipping.

IMG_0284-600x600.jpg

IMG_0286-600x600.jpg
IMG_0285-600x600.jpg

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,314 Posts
What type of guage/guages are you supplying with the kit? Also what size tank? Some pics of the install would be great as I'm trying to figure out what storage is going to be lost. Thinking this will be a Christmas gift for the Slingshot.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
What type of guage/guages are you supplying with the kit? Also what size tank? Some pics of the install would be great as I'm trying to figure out what storage is going to be lost. Thinking this will be a Christmas gift for the Slingshot.
I keep my gauge in the glove box for now. I need to find a spot for it.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,314 Posts
Hmmm....only if they could find a tank small enough to fit in the that bottom left pocket of the passenger storage. Looks like a fairly easy install.

Thanks for the clarification @Joker

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hmmm....only if they could find a tank small enough to fit in the that bottom left pocket of the passenger storage. Looks like a fairly easy install.

Thanks for the clarification @Joker
I doubt it will work. You can go with a smaller tank but you have to refill the tank more than once to lift front and rear up.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The location of the compressor and valve body is exactly where I would place them. Can you supply the dimensions of the air tank? Or the volume? I am interested in a alternate location for the air tank.
1.5 gallon tank. Its about 15 inches long and about 9 inches at its widest/tallest. (Inluding the backet and clearance for the lines.)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The location of the compressor and valve body is exactly where I would place them. Can you supply the dimensions of the air tank? Or the volume? I am interested in a alternate location for the air tank.
It is possible to put the tank under the tail but it will require some work.

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Would it work in the space where the original muffler was? I've installed a Codeman and was considering making some sort of tool kit carrying device in the empty space - would the heat be to much of a problem for a pressurized system?

Without testing it we can not recommend the location. Also, I am not sure you will be able to lower the SS to the ground with the codeman exhaust installed. We can adjust the system so it does not drop all the way down onto the exhaust. I sold my codeman system months ago so we have no way to check for clearance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts