Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a very short time, after all of this intense interest and expectation, this forum is about to explode with hands-on details and experiences as the SS gets into the hands of actual users.
It will be exciting and interesting to read facts rather than speculations. This forum will be an increasingly fascinating and top source of information for any potential SS buyer or enthusiast.
I am looking forward to lots of fun reading the details in the weeks ahead.
A great deal of thanks and kudos go out to the originators and constructors of this excellent forum. A job well done!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Pretty soon I won't be that guy with inside information anymore, you all will know tremendous amounts about SS!

·
Registered
69 Posts
In a very short time, after all of this intense interest and expectation, this forum is about to explode with hands-on details and experiences as the SS gets into the hands of actual users.
It will be exciting and interesting to read facts rather than speculations. This forum will be an increasingly fascinating and top source of information for any potential SS buyer or enthusiast.
A great deal of thanks and kudos go out to the originators and constructors of this excellent forum. A job well done!
I agree

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friday and Saturday, the Reno Polaris dealer (Bill) had two preproduction units on his property. The grey (standard) and the red (SL). Both were available to climb into and poke around freely. They had comfortable seating for a 240 lb, 6'1' driver. Plenty of engine compartment room. Very easy clutch. Good rearward vis considering no center mirror. Nice touches like the rear view mirror mounts. The vehicles were being put away Friday evening and the lucky tech scratched the powered wheel through 3 short-shift gears in their parking lot. No on-road access was allowed. Saturday I returned for a longer look. Street Vibrations was the event in town, so there were thousands of V-twins on Reno's streets. Victory motorcyclists began pulling into the Polaris dealer lot and were in awe of the prototypes. Without hesitation, I placed a deposit on a Slingshot with an anticipated delivery of late October. Great to find this forum and even greater to have had an early encounter with this amazing beast. Pictures shortly.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Friday and Saturday, the Reno Polaris dealer (Bill) had two preproduction units on his property. The grey (standard) and the red (SL). Both were available to climb into and poke around freely. They had comfortable seating for a 240 lb, 6'1' driver. Plenty of engine compartment room. Very easy clutch. Good rearward vis considering no center mirror. Nice touches like the rear view mirror mounts. The vehicles were being put away Friday evening and the lucky tech scratched the powered wheel through 3 short-shift gears in their parking lot. No on-road access was allowed. Saturday I returned for a longer look. Street Vibrations was the event in town, so there were thousands of V-twins on Reno's streets. Victory motorcyclists began pulling into the Polaris dealer lot and were in awe of the prototypes. Without hesitation, I placed a deposit on a Slingshot with an anticipated delivery of late October. Great to find this forum and even greater to have had an early encounter with this amazing beast. Pictures shortly.
Welcome aboard, at least here you can wait 'patiently' with those of like mind.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Thanks for sharing your feedback after getting to see some SS in the flesh! I'm glad to hear that you found the seats to be comfortable and that you had plenty of room once seated :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Of all the reports/reviews/tests/videos I've seen, and trust, I've seen them all multiple times, 100% of them are positive. Haven't heard a negative report yet. Some of the journalist have even sounded apologetic because their report sounded like they were a compensated endorser! In case any of you guys haven't seen it, here's the deal-making video I enjoyed most.....

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree with Stan on favorable reports on the Slingshot. Even motorcycle journalist have given a decent thumbs up with the exception of one. That was the editor of Motorcyclist in the, I believe, the October issue. But then he was down on even any type of third wheel.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Of all the reports/reviews/tests/videos I've seen, and trust, I've seen them all multiple times, 100% of them are positive. Haven't heard a negative report yet. Some of the journalist have even sounded apologetic because their report sounded like they were a compensated endorser! In case any of you guys haven't seen it, here's the deal-making video I enjoyed most.....

I agree. This guy gushes over the SS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts