Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
@Wicked_on_3 - My pleasure it is a cool system. I wish I knew you had some left I would have sent my wife to you to buy it. I don't have a smart phone but I downloaded the APP to my Ipod Touch and the App works. I a waiting on the unit to I can try the Blue Tooth. Did you create the Slingshot images? if so can I get a grey one

Thanks
This is the file for Grey.

Bob had posted this earlier in the thread:

Here is the download link to the GIF:
slingshot_silver.gif

Screen shot:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I think they make an optional T valve as well.
You would have to install it in the rim but it would give you a separate fill point.
Either way it is a cool toy!
Yes you can buy the optional T Valve, but you must take tire off rim and remount and balance rim to do this. Most tire shops probably would charge $20-$30 bucks. Some charge extra for black weights to.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Yes you can buy the optional T Valve, but you must take tire off rim and remount and balance rim to do this. Most tire shops probably would charge $20-$30 bucks. Some charge extra for black weights to.
I will buy them but hold off till my next tire change - with a turbo it is about every other oil change.
Thanks again for your help

Mitch

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes you are correct @Macaws. They come with a locking mechanism with tool to unlock. I personally haven't had to use them, put someone could steal them i guess. I just don't like locking and unlocking them just to put air in. Personal preference I guess. I guess an argument could be made that if someone had a locking tool they could steal them anyway.
Just more of a security blanket in my mind..... I bought the wife 2 pairs of cool little pink tire caps for her Camaro and within 2 weeks each set disappeared! Its like someone walks around looking at tires all day for some different caps!

I then found a set of caps with an allen screw in the side and VIOLA!! No more missing caps....not very likely someone is walking around with a 2 mm allen wrench in there pocket (unless they are a MINI Tripod!! ;)) and our dealership doesnt mind taking them off to adjust air pressure but im sure its more of a P.I.T.A for them!

As for the black weights having an extra charge....never heard that one!

Thanks for the info and look forward to purchasing if you have any by end of next week!

Reactions: Tripod

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Just more of a security blanket in my mind..... I bought the wife 2 pairs of cool little pink tire caps for her Camaro and within 2 weeks each set disappeared! Its like someone walks around looking at tires all day for some different caps!

I then found a set of caps with an allen screw in the side and VIOLA!! No more missing caps....not very likely someone is walking around with a 2 mm allen wrench in there pocket (unless they are a MINI Tripod!! ;)) and our dealership doesnt mind taking them off to adjust air pressure but im sure its more of a P.I.T.A for them!

As for the black weights having an extra charge....never heard that one!

Thanks for the info and look forward to purchasing if you have any by end of next week!

Good point. Hope you guys are doing well and hope to see you both at Bert's Megamall this Saturday for the SS ride.

Let me know when you want to purchase.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good point. Hope you guys are doing well and hope to see you both at Bert's Megamall this Saturday for the SS ride.

Let me know when you want to purchase.
Unfortunately we didnt make plans to go to this event.... we were a little disappointed in the last ride but really liked the first one! We heard this ride will be similar to the first but the sling has been down for about 3 weeks until engine parts come back from the dip master in Florida!!

Should be here Monday and if all goes really well I should have my header back from the ceramic-coater on Friday that same week....THEN WE CAN RIDE!!

I have Bobs new tune that I have to try out as well as the corbin bags installed and ready to test the latches!!

Reactions: Wicked_on_3
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.