Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious has anyone in Florida actually had their Slingshot registered and titled in the State of Florida? I am hoping other states do not follow suit with Texas and Indiana or worse yet once Slingshots get registration and titled the state will recall those registrations. Pleas advise thankx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a slingshot deposit down, live in Florida and I am very excited about getting it. I am reading all these issues now. Quality control( seats not aligned, paint job sloppy, belt drive whines, possible back tire falling off, etc). Please someone give me some piece of mind and tell me I won't have buyer remorse. I would like to hear good experiences. Paranoid

·
Registered
122 Posts
I transferred my plate from my Spyder to the SS. When the dealer tried to do the transfer on line, their wasn't a proper code. Luckily while on the phone the person on the other end fixed the issue and I was good to go. I have over 600 miles on my SS and I am going in this morning for the 500 Mile service. This machine totally exceeded my expectations. (Slingshot Bob)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have a slingshot deposit down, live in Florida and I am very excited about getting it. I am reading all these issues now. Quality control( seats not aligned, paint job sloppy, belt drive whines, possible back tire falling off, etc). Please someone give me some piece of mind and tell me I won't have buyer remorse. I would like to hear good experiences. Paranoid

The quality is disappointing but the ride is far from it. With a little time and little money all those issues can be fixed. The dealer I took it today for service sent pictures to Polaris, let's see how they respond.

Possible back tire falling off? I haven't read that one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The quality is disappointing but the ride is far from it. With a little time and little money all those issues can be fixed. The dealer I took it today for service sent pictures to Polaris, let's see how they respond.

Possible back tire falling off? I haven't read that one.
Did you happen to take it to gables in the morning? Thought it was there first one coming back for something.. I saw the one sitting in the show room and the passenger seat is outta whack like info mentioned in his review. It feels like one comfy ride tho!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Did you happen to take it to gables in the morning? Thought it was there first one coming back for something.. I saw the one sitting in the show room and the passenger seat is outta whack like info mentioned in his review. It feels like one comfy ride tho!
Yeah I was there from 9am to noon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem registering it here in SFL. I received my title shortly afterwards also without any questions or glitch. Good luck..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
fees are lower for current residents,, if you are reg for 1st time,,there is a $225 fee for that....then other fees for plates. If you got to dmv...(tax collector in fla its called) just say its a motorcycle..dont volunteer anything..jus sayin..:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts