Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the "Introductions" and then saw this "Purchasing" forum and realized this was a more appropriate place for my question.

I was contacted by a dealership in Florida that wants $1500 (not including tax and tag) for freight, prep, and document fees in addition to the MSRP. The total cost for everything including tax and tag would be a little over $27.2 k. I also found the invoice of $21.5+ k on http://www.seedealercost.com/produc.../index/id/631/productCategorySlug/powersports . If that is all correct then that dealership would make a profit of just a few dollars short of $4 k.

I keep reading about all these deals for MSRP with no shipping and/or prep charges but I don't see posts that also include the name of those dealerships. I have a $1000 refundable deposit but would just get a refund, wait a little longer, and go somewhere else if there are other dealerships willing to deal with you. It isn't so much the cost that bothers me but I hate feeling like they are taking advantage of me.

If it isn't against forum policy can anyone verify Out The Door prices for an SL that includes ALL costs including tax for dealerships in Gainesville, Daytona, Ocala, New Smyrna, Orlando, Kissimmee and/or Savannah, Ga. A contact person would be helpful too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I just emailed the 7 or 8 dealers closest to me using Polaris Slingshot website and asked each for an out-the-door price with all fees, taxes, etc. If a dealer doesn't respond, I wouldn't want to deal with them anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My FLA dealer tried to do this. I required more for my trade to cover all the add on fees.
Be patient and hold out for a good deal. My negotiations took two weeks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Please POST if ANY dealers out there in Florida get vehicles in stock and are at MSRP no BS

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Please POST if ANY dealers out there in Florida get vehicles in stock and are at MSRP no BS
Bat,
I just called 15 Dealers in Florida... I could only find one SL in stock with no pre-sold order on it in Punta Gorda 866-843-9293 but he was unsure if he could even sell it now and hold til after the Recall... Most all dealers stated they have a list of pre-sold orders not yet shipped and most stated they have no shipping info from Polaris. A couple dealers stated they have shipments to arrive next week but now I don't know who to believe anymore because I was under the impression that we were told all shipments were stopped until after the Recall... I think this forum knows more about the Recall than most dealers... Anyway there appears to be no more than one stock units sitting in showrooms in Florida and that dealer doesn't even know if he can sell it... Most of the Florida dealers I spoke to appear to be in a state of confusion...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Like the presidential election, we are just so goofy people.

The Hanging Chad, now the Recalled Slingshot

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
On a list with Indian Daytona Beach for MSRP. Best Buys and Volusia also will match offers at MSRP.
Ocala and Daytona are owned by the same corp group but will also match others sales prices in this area.
Getting one might be another story all on its own!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, it does look like the price gouging is dying down to MSRP deals.

But I think that it is because there is no deliveries and they know people are going out of state

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am getting feedback from dealers that they are getting word that deliveries are forthcoming to Florida. This should help ease the supply issue and bring the demand price down to MSRP very soon.

People, try and be consistent. At MSRP, dealers are making enough that they can get rid of tack ons like destination, set up, and dealer fees. If all Florida buyers would insist on this price match, we would all benefit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey J and M from Live Oak. Are you (two?) reserved at any dealer at this time?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I am getting feedback from dealers that they are getting word that deliveries are forthcoming to Florida. This should help ease the supply issue and bring the demand price down to MSRP very soon.

People, try and be consistent. At MSRP, dealers are making enough that they can get rid of tack ons like destination, set up, and dealer fees. If all Florida buyers would insist on this price match, we would all benefit.
I am looking forwards to having one and not just wanting one.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Anyone know if there really is a thing as a regional sale manager or what ever ?

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I'm on my way right now to the Indian Daytona dealership to see Jim. They have 1 base model not spoken for so we will see if I can work out a deal or not. Let you know how it goes

·
Registered
434 Posts
Good luck SD, let us know what kind of deal you cut.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts