Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think ,when you're going about 80 and fenders start floping about.Any fixes,don't worry the fenders won't break off.What do you think. A aftermarket brace would be welcomed.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
@jookyone has a great fix for this using high powered magnets.

Que in someone to link that thread here.

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
There are actually a few fixes. One is to verify your hood pads are still there and adjust the bump stops lower. Another member Jookyone attached magnets to the inside of the hood and then on top of the headlights to keep them tight. Snoop around and you'll find them buddy.

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
What do you guys think ,when you're going about 80 and fenders start floping about.Any fixes,don't worry the fenders won't break off.What do you think. A aftermarket brace would be welcomed.
Check all your latches and make sure the 4 are locked correctly, pads are in place, bolts are tight etc before you go crazy. I have no issues with the floping fenders even when I try to catch up with the local turbo sling zombies.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Check all your latches and make sure the 4 are locked correctly, pads are in place, bolts are tight etc before you go crazy. I have no issues with the floping fenders even when I try to catch up with the local turbo sling zombies.
You should learn the fixes so when you have a turbo you know what to do!

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Before you do anything else, first make sure your hood bumpers are properly adjusted. There's one on each side above the turn signals & often come misadjusted from the factory. If these are not up snug against the hood, fenders will flap; if they're up too high, you are stressing the hood (potential cracking) & may also have hood latching issues.

image.jpeg

Here's the correct procedure to adjust:

1) open the hood
2) loosen the lock nut and screw the bumpers all the way down
3) gently close the hood and screw the bumpers up until they make contact with the hood
4) open the hood
5) turn each bumper 1 more full turn up
6) retighten the lock nuts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Before you do anything else, first make sure your hood bumpers are properly adjusted. There's one on each side above the turn signals & often come misadjusted from the factory. If these are not up snug against the hood, fenders will flap; if they're up too high, you are stressing the hood (potential cracking) & may also have hood latching issues.

View attachment 41472

Here's the correct procedure to adjust:

1) open the hood
2) loosen the lock nut and screw the bumpers all the way down
3) gently close the hood and screw the bumpers up until they make contact with the hood
4) open the hood
5) turn each bumper 1 more full turn up
6) retighten the lock nuts
There is a upgrade from polaris for the bumpers:)

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Hey

Someone needs to check @Tripods temperature - he gave an answer without any sarcasm of funny pictures. I think our Tripod may have been abducted by aliens and replaced with a drone.

I hope he is Ok - I hope they aren't doing one of those probes on him. Oh wait maybe that is why he is not here he is enjoying his abduction.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Hey

Someone needs to check @Tripods temperature - he gave an answer without any sarcasm of funny pictures. I think our Tripod may have been abducted by aliens and replaced with a drone.

I hope he is Ok - I hope they aren't doing one of those probes on him. Oh wait maybe that is why he is not here he is enjoying his abduction.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts