Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thanks Samowens44. I see where you used 2 hoses in the photo's for the finder well vent. I used a 1 1/2" electrical LB as a collector, cut along the mold line so it's about 1" deep and mounted across the top row of finder well holes. I installed three dowels 3/8" inside LB where I could tie wrap the LB to the bars in the fender. I do not like putting holes in my stuff. I have another vent that I installed on the mirror mounts that is in the free air and boy does it flow. I used 1 1/2 PVC pipe, 1 elbow for each side and tie wraps. I call it the $5 fix.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Going to order this @Samowens44 how many sheets did you need to do the firewall, back of glove box, under floorboard? (all areas you did)

Have you found a good part to plug the holes for the drivers and passenger pedals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ok @Samowens44 ,,how many sheets did you use of this? and some time has passed,,how is it holding up,,and the big question is ..does your wife approve of this MOD? thanks:)
Used one sheet 36" X 38" for whole project. It is working great. She is very happy. I must report that the insulation on the floorboard area did start loosing it sticking ability and came loose at the back end. I solved the problem by installing a stiff wire material across the back 5 " edge and wedged it under the frame tubes. Everything is holding in place. So, you will have to have a support across the bottom to hold the insulation up, sticking alone will not hold. You can stop the installation of insulation closer to the firewall and all will work fine and it is no problem staying stuck there. The long run to the back is just too long to hold by adhesive alone. Bottom line is Insulation is a must on the firewall, and transmission area. Floorboard will work fine with a thick floor-mat if you don't want to deal with this issue.

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi Sam,

I am just about to insulate as I have the muffler out and was wondering how the insulation held up to the floor.
It is a very sticky material when you remove the paper. Now just tick it to the floor board, go back to the channel and that is a good anchor place. Cut it off at that point. That channel will give the good support to hold it in place. Don't forget to cut out around the drain holes. From up above stick a sharp point object through to mark. there are 4 holes.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have found another way to plug the big hole on the drivers side bulk head. It is called window gasket weather strip, those that have worked on old cars know what I am talking about. I ordered 2 sizes from Steele Rubber Products, they are listed under dense extrusions. The part numbers are 18-0003-83 which has a 1/2" lip and the other is 60-0083-99 which has a 3/8" lip. Imagine a 3/4" x 4" hole, you put a strip of the 60-0083-99 on both sides and let overlap the hole becomes air tight if you do it right. I would advise you to make a pattern of the hole on cardboard and fit to the hole in the cardboard and then do install. I am going to have to play with the 2" steering shaft hole and see how that will work out. It has got to look better than insulation stuffed in the holes. I ordered 2 ft. of each to try, 1 is $4.30 a ft. the other $4.50 a ft.. Ordered yesterday, received today, how is that for service? FORGET THIS IDEA. I DID IT BUT IS TO LABOR INTENSIVE NOT WORTH IT. SORRY GUYS I MESSED UP ON THIS ONE
Here is a blast from the past. It just took me over an hour to find it just so I could get the part number's so I could do this on Sling II. I am changing a lot of mods over from Sling I (93,000 miles) to Sling II that I got for a steal. This was posted at around 10,000 miles. This is the first time I have posted over here in a very long time. We started up and moved to the other place, a lot better than here

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks for stopping by brother!!
It's not like it use to be here at all!
It's all good, just less activity.
Your experience, would be much appreciated here I'm sure!!
Stop back once in a while!

I'll see you at the other place as well!!
(y):cool:

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks for a contact ConnMan, this is my original home a long time ago. Most of my help video are on this site.
I will respond to anyone that needs help with their Slingshot.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts