Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the floor pan is made of? Is it metallic or several layers of some form of plastic, internal and external to the frame? Have not seen this question asked.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Interesting question. It's got to be something strong enough to hold the weight of a person and protect from road debris that will strike the bottom. I would think it would have to be metal, but plastics these days are pretty amazing. Hmmmmm?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Interesting question. It's got to be something strong enough to hold the weight of a person and protect from road debris that will strike the bottom. I would think it would have to be metal, but plastics these days are pretty amazing. Hmmmmm?
If it's metal it look powdercoat...if it's plastic, need to be thick!

In T-Rex is a metal sheet...and owner remove it to make them in gravel guard...and it's what i will do with mine!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Classic Vettes it was fiberglass, they didn't switch to steel until the mid 70s. Composite is plenty strong but the problem with the vettes was heat bleading through from the exhaust. That's the only reason they switched to steel.

Where the SS is dumping the exhaust, I don't think heat will be an issue other than the passengers feet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting the pic Centhron but it does'nt reveal the actual floorpan between your feet, backside, and the road.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Definitely plastic in the cab, but I'll bet there is something more underneath.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Definitely plastic in the cab, but I'll bet there is something more underneath.
Anyway i'm gonna put Gravel Guard on it...the same product they put in the cab of pick up truck! Is very resistant and look better than a flat plastic panel! Here is the result with the T-Rex!
T-Rex floor naked..and with GGuard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts