Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

FLOOR MATS?

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Hogg 
#1 ·
Anyone got the lead on some good rubber floor mats for the SS?

The first thing I noticed was the plastic fllor boards and that they need a floor mat to protect the floor and make it easier to keep it clean and look nice too!

Thinking about cutting some temporarily mats until something good looking and functional comes available!

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Anyone got the lead on some good rubber floor mats for the SS?
The first thing I noticed was the plastic floor boards, and that they needed some kind of a floor mat to protect the floor and make it easier to keep it clean and look nice too!
Thinking about cutting some temporarily mats until something good looking and functional comes available!

I had a problem of my feet sliding around on hard curves, and also sliding as I was getting in or out. It also appeared that the small grit gravel tracked in by my feet were scratching up the flooring also.
So I bought some small back seat floor mats at about $10 apiece, and some 5/8" wide Velcro strip 15' long for about $20. The first fix didn't work out well at all.
First off, the Velcro didn't like sticking to the plastic flooring very well. This apparently, after washing the flooring "lightly" where the Velcro was to attach with acetone, was due to the some type of protectorate on the plastics surface.
The mats themselves also had little tits all over their backing to help hold the mat still on a carpeted surface, usually found on car floorboards. These prevented half the Velcro strip from sticking well to the mats bottom surface.
This setup lasted one day and the drivers mat ended up sliding under the accelerator pedal in a heap, and revving the engine up to 5K before I could get them pull back.
So I took a sharp knife and cut the tits off the mat where the 3 Velcro strips were to lay, almost the entire length of the mat this time, in the center section of the mat. Each strip is about 2" apart from the other. (Cutting all the little tits off isn't as bad as it sounds.) You don't need to do the sides of the mat with Velcro.
The mats now have plenty of grip for sliding your feet around in getting in or out, and also for not detaching on high G turns. They also look pretty good to. I'd also say it is a good safety feature, compared to your feet sliding around on that hard plastic flooring in some maneuvers.

#6 ·
Take a look at Cycle Springs in Clearwater, FL. They have the best looking ones. Cyclespringsonline.com
I got the red ones coming to match my SL. Nice durable rubber ones like used on a Jet Ski. I have looked at all and found these to be the best looking, however not the cheapest either, but worth the money.
Your neighbor,
Glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.