Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please watch our site in the next few days for finalized pricing on our new tow dolly kits. These dollies are built for completely knocking down for shipping and /or storage , all welding , drilling and bolting is completed by us then knocked down for shipping to keep consumer costs at a minimum.

After conferring with forum members, @scootertrash (many thanks) and @BKL who provided us with a detailed pdf showing all dolly designs known to date, We have combined ideas with our wheelifting experience to date, over 4000 miles, and determined as well as being able to swivel a good dolly design must keep the font spoiler as high off the ground and as close to factory heights as possible , to prevent potential damages, therefore our design unlike others, places the spreader bar on a 45 degree angle, behind the cradle tray , verses under it, allowing us to keep the tire cradle as low to the ground as possible, thereby keeping the front spoiler as high as possible. Only with our robust cradle design with 45 degree leading edges, suspended from an additional cross member, and placed right over the dolly tire centreline can we be confident that, as long as there is air in the tires, that cradle is never going to touch the ground ! And if it did, over steep rollover curbs in parking lots etc the cradle is constructed robust enough to simply skid that rear cradle tray with the additional cross member, and 45 degree construction throughout which greatly reduces impact loads over vertical post designs.
While shipping cost across the lower 48 WILL BE included in price the crate already measures 80 x 12 x 24 inches and weighs just under the maximum for courier services, therefore tires and rims are not included in kit as they would greatly increase crate size and cost of shipping. Another benefit to the consumer is U.S online tire sites such as ww trailer tires.com will sell and ship at a great savings verses us paying the much higher Canadain prices and then adding shipping. tires shown are 185 75R 13 to keep front spoiler as high as possible, however another option is 205 75R 14 which will raise the cradle height 1 inch but will lower the front spoiler one third of that inch. All safety chains ,tire straps, hubs and axles, hitch coupler,and loading ramp, as well as a recommended, for peace of mind, additional 4 inch strap that can be placed through the rim securing the Sling to the structural cross member, will be included in kit.
20170822_134514_resized_1.jpg
IMG_20170822_155856_757.jpg
IMG_20170822_155856_757.jpg
20170822_135459_resized_2.jpg

·
Registered
989 Posts
Not sure this will work with the corbin bags, what do you think?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you can see in pics it doesnt work with my bags . They have to be removed , you can see my empty bag brackets there. Can you get me the dimension of the lowest front point of the corbin above ground . It may be close . Or the dimension exactly where the side of the corbin reaches forward to the vertical back of your tub. Being the measurement from the bottom of the corbin to the ground right at the back edge of the tub ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the steering lock polaris provides I'll see if i can attach pic here.lol just kidding .we tie the wheel with the seatbelt as the towing industry did for decades before locking steering columns. But FYI the electric steering on the slings does a pretty good job of providing enough load when not powered up to keep wheels straight. One day on way back from daytona on my wheel lift I tested this by deliberately driving 700 miles that day without anything on wheel. Only once turning tight around gas pumps did sling wonder off 6 inches to one side but then first counter turn at speed straightened it right back up and stayed there all day. But just to be safe I do tie mine with belt scootertrash built five dollies for his indy club members and they all just use a 1 inch ratchet strap from wheel down to side frame tube you swing over getting in

·
Registered
163 Posts
Please watch our site in the next few days for finalized pricing on our new tow dolly kits. These dollies are built for completely knocking down for shipping and /or storage , all welding , drilling and bolting is completed by us then knocked down for shipping to keep consumer costs at a minimum.

After conferring with forum members, @scootertrash (many thanks) and @BKL who provided us with a detailed pdf showing all dolly designs known to date, We have combined ideas with our wheelifting experience to date, over 4000 miles, and determined as well as being able to swivel a good dolly design must keep the font spoiler as high off the ground and as close to factory heights as possible , to prevent potential damages, therefore our design unlike others, places the spreader bar on a 45 degree angle, behind the cradle tray , verses under it, allowing us to keep the tire cradle as low to the ground as possible, thereby keeping the front spoiler as high as possible. Only with our robust cradle design with 45 degree leading edges, suspended from an additional cross member, and placed right over the dolly tire centreline can we be confident that, as long as there is air in the tires, that cradle is never going to touch the ground ! And if it did, over steep rollover curbs in parking lots etc the cradle is constructed robust enough to simply skid that rear cradle tray with the additional cross member, and 45 degree construction throughout which greatly reduces impact loads over vertical post designs.
While shipping cost across the lower 48 WILL BE included in price the crate already measures 80 x 12 x 24 inches and weighs just under the maximum for courier services, therefore tires and rims are not included in kit as they would greatly increase crate size and cost of shipping. Another benefit to the consumer is U.S online tire sites such as ww trailer tires.com will sell and ship at a great savings verses us paying the much higher Canadain prices and then adding shipping. tires shown are 185 75R 13 to keep front spoiler as high as possible, however another option is 205 75R 14 which will raise the cradle height 1 inch but will lower the front spoiler one third of that inch. All safety chains ,tire straps, hubs and axles, hitch coupler,and loading ramp, as well as a recommended, for peace of mind, additional 4 inch strap that can be placed through the rim securing the Sling to the structural cross member, will be included in kit. View attachment 142009 View attachment 142017 View attachment 142009 View attachment 142017 View attachment 142025

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm super interested too, please advise pricing and estimate shipping to Tennessee, zip 37022 TKS!!!
will soon have pricing , hopefully by end of day today, thanks for the interest , shipping to Tennessee is approx. $ 180.00 but shipping rates reflect more handling charges and depot changes verses mileage, for example , over twice as far to L.A. is only $ 50. more . so you can see our shipping and pricing dilemma all has to be resolved today , do customers prefer to see , lowest advertised price, being F.O.B Ontario CANADA, and have to call for firm shipping quote to their destination , or would they rather see a manufacturer build in a flat cost for shipping based on the average cost and just advertise one price, delivered anywhere? this seems to be the preferred manufacturers approach as mileage isn't really the deciding factor to courier companies like fed ex or Purolator or ups they basically structure their charges on handling so , one hundred miles to Detroit Michigan is only $15.00 les than Tennessee, go figure !

please anyone else who wants to weigh in on whether you would rather see
A- one flat price including delivery , or
B -our lowest price F,O,B our dock , call for shipping quote .
which do consumers find easiest to deal with ?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hello @Kev, very nice product and nicely done. Personally, I would prefer to start with the lowest price and add shipping to my location. It's a little more time and work but ensures the best price for each customer, without any concern that we are subsidizing shipping to other, more remote locations. That would also protect your profit if every Sling owner in Humptulips wants a dolly...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Local pick-up available?

Crossing @ Niagara Falls

Tim
absolutely . Niagara is about 1;45 drive to my place , I could probably meet you there or something that will save all shipping costs plus $ 50.00 if I dont have to include a shipping crate

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello @Kev, very nice product and nicely done. Personally, I would prefer to start with the lowest price and add shipping to my location. It's a little more time and work but ensures the best price for each customer, without any concern that we are subsidizing shipping to other, more remote locations. That would also protect your profit if every Sling owner in Humptulips wants a dolly...
good point, will consider.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
New

TOW DOLLY PRICING; After many hours pricing , we have decided not to include shipping, all kit prices are F.O.B. OUR DOCK, Dorchester Ontario, Canada, as many members have asked Eastern U.S. customers not have to subsidize Western U.S shipping costs as there is about $60.00 difference ( North eastern shipping prices will be approx. $168.00, South East $188.00 Western $228.00)

KIT PRICE- $1,295.OO (USD)
includes- all structural members welded, then additional bracketry drilled and bolted for knock down capabilities,
- all bolts, nuts and hardware supplied,
- 2 mounted tire ratchet straps, one 4 inch safety strap,
- hubs and axles greased and installed, 5 bolt 4 1/2 inch stud centres,
- swivelling tire cradle tray complete, pre rolled, customer to specify tire width,
- bolt on fenders ,customer to state 13 or 14 inch tire size,
- entire unit painted black Tremclad, powder coating optional,
- 'A' frame hitch coupler ,trailer jack, safety chains, and chain stops for swivelling,
- SCEPTER 6000 LB loading ramp ( roll off curb removed)

OPTIONS
- Fenders $175.00 customer to state 13''or14''
- crating $75.00 mandatory if shipping

Does not Include- shipping, or rims and tires, as those would un-proportionately increase crate size and shipping costs , not to mention trailer tires can be purchased online ,delivered throughout U.S. (wwwtrailertires.com) at discounted prices, Canadian tire suppliers cannot compete, nevermind extra shipping costs!

I know many forum members were expecting less cost but given and substantiated by @scootertrash, s email above, with material costs at $ 700.00 , (MINUS $175 FOR RIMS AND TIRES) , that's $ 525 MATERIAL COSTS ! Before we even begin manufacturing, Dons manufacturing times of 30-40 hours are a little high compared to ours as we do have , or availability to, plasma cutting, 50 ton bending press, roller presses etc. However as long as consumers have a need for specialty items, basically custom made , North American shop rates will prevail , so no, we cannot compete with similar types of mass produced, bare bone products made in CHINA. Quality built U.S. car dollies, (as we consider these Slingshot dollies,) retail between $2,000 to $3,000.00 (and don't knock down for storage, nevermind the additional costs of building to be able to ) with very little more manufactured items or costs. So, at SSBODYKITS.COM we are pleased to offer these kits to forum members at a price that allows them to assemble their own quality built, swivelling dolly at an affordable price.
20170822_135958_resized_4 (2).jpg

the cradle tray shown on demo is welded , it will be press braked one piece construction on production versions, no more welded notched sidewalls and leading edge , the protytpe shown was necessary that way as it was cut and recut until we got it right ,lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Tow dolly pricing , remember our August sale prices, all items are reduced 15 % for the entire month of August , that includes our just today announced price of $1,295.00 for the dolly , simply by contacting me with an intention to finalize a dolly purchase, by sept 1 , irregardless if it takes another week or two, will assure you the sale price of $1,100.75 it may be tomorrow before our website is updated with dolly info, anybody can pm me in the meantime if so desired, thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do you keep the Singshot front tires straight?
What kind of registration is required and I am thinking I would need lights on front of Sling also.
I could use one.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
20170818_163217.jpg
20170818_163217.jpg
How do you keep the Singshot front tires straight?
What kind of registration is required and I am thinking I would need lights on front of Sling also.
I could use one.
I use the seat belt to secure the steering wheel as the towing industry has done for decades before the advent of lockable steering, it doesn't have to hold much as the electric steering shut off provides almost enough friction to hold wheels straight. I have wheellifted a whole day without any tying at all . Other guys use a ratchet strap from wheel down to side tubular frame verses seatbelt. Either will add extra security
In all cases I,m aware of a tow dolly does not require registration as it is not a trailer but part of the towing truck apparatus.please anybody, chime in if I,m wrong in your state. Also @Scootertrash and others have dollies all over states using mag lights set up on front end of Sling somehow. I prefer wireless mag lites nd I place them under headlights inside using the frame vertical side members to mag too
I'll attach a pic. You have to be aboutv40 ft back to see both but I have wheelifted 4000 miles across states this way. While it is true some states require car dolly manufacturers to provide lights and electric brakes on car dollies becasue they are big Nd heavy enough to be towed around without anything on them so they need lights and with a 5000 lb vehicle on them they require brakes. However these regs only apply to the manufacturers of car dollies in a few states. And those same states do not prohibit other dollies manufactured in other states from passing through on their roads .they just require a manufacturer in their state to manufacture within those guidelines.so not applicable to dollies manufactured outside of state nor to manufacturers of motorcycle dollies just to the heavier car dollies. So I believe does not apply to us .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
20170822_135958_resized_4.jpg
20170822_135958_resized_4.jpg
NEW TOW DOLLY KITS OFFER AN AFFORDABLE SOLUTION TO TRAILERING , AS WELL AS KNOCK DOWN FOR STORAGE !

KIT PRICE- $1,295.OO (USD) CURRENTLY OFFERED IN OUR AUGUST SALE AT $1,100.75

Kit includes- all structural members welded, then additional bracketry drilled and bolted for knock down capabilities,
-all bolts, nuts and hardware supplied,- 2 mounted tire ratchet straps, one 4 inch safety strap,
- hubs and axles greased and installed, 5 bolt 4 1/2 inch stud centres,
- swivelling tire cradle tray complete, pre rolled, customer to specify tire width,
- entire unit painted black Tremclad, powder coating optional,
- 'A' frame hitch coupler ,trailer jack, safety chains, and chain stops for swivelling,
- SCEPTER 6000 LB loading ramp ( roll off curb removed)

OPTIONS
- fenders with bolt on bracketry , $175.00 customer to state 13'' or 14''
- crating, $75.00 mandatory, unless picking up at our location

Does not Include- shipping, or rims and tires, as those would un-proportionately increase crate size and shipping costs , not to mention trailer tires can be purchased online ,delivered throughout U.S. (wwwtrailertires.com) at discounted prices, Canadian tire suppliers cannot compete, nevermind extra shipping costs!

I know many forum members were expecting less cost but given and substantiated by @scootertrash, s email above, with material costs at $ 700.00 , (MINUS $175 FOR RIMS AND TIRES) , that's $ 525 MATERIAL COSTS ! Before we even begin manufacturing, Dons manufacturing times of 30-40 hours are a little high compared to ours as we do have , or availability to, plasma cutting, 50 ton bending press, roller presses etc. However as long as consumers have a need for specialty items, basically custom made , North American shop rates will prevail , so no, we cannot compete with similar types of mass produced, bare bone products made in CHINA. Quality built U.S. car dollies, (as we consider these Slingshot dollies,) retail between $2,000 to $3,000.00 (and don't knock down for storage, nevermind the additional costs of building to be able to ) with very little more manufactured items or costs. So, at SSBODYKITS.COM we are pleased to offer these kits to forum members at a price that allows them to assemble their own quality built, swivelling dolly at an affordable price

the cradle tray shown on demo is welded , it will be press braked one piece construction on production versions, no more welded notched sidewalls and leading edge , the protytpe shown was necessary that way as it was cut and recut until we got it right ,lol

TOW DOLLY PRICING; After many hours pricing , we have decided not to include shipping, all kit prices are F.O.B. OUR DOCK, Dorchester Ontario, Canada, as many members have asked Eastern U.S. customers not have to subsidize Western U.S shipping costs as there is about $60.00 difference ( North eastern shipping prices will be approx. $168.00, South East $188.00 Western $228.00)

Kevin Adams
www.ssbodykits.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts