Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer got his first two SLs in today and I went over to see them. Sadly, neither is mine, I have to wait for the next shipment. As noted in a previous review, the seat head rests do not line up perfectly with the crash bars, but they are off the same amount on both sides, so they are still balanced. The interior side panels were flush and tight. All electronics worked perfectly. The dash edges above the media center had bubbles and flaws in and around the edges, and rounded edges from too much clear coat. The rest of the paint was terrific. I had on cowboy boots and still had plenty of room in the foot well. Getting in and out of the beast was experimental as you kind of "put on" the vehicle. Steering and shifter locations felt natural. The back-up camera to me is a mandatory must have as I could see nothing behind me. Makes me worry a little about a 4:00 to 6:00 blind spot. Polaris listened to us and installed insulation on the foot well walls in the engine bay.

I'm still champing at the bit to get mine. The Slingshot is a Costco sized can of sexy!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmmm, i wonder if the guy whose financing fell through lost his deposit?
I would think that would be a valid reason to lose it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
In most States it is illegal to keep a persons deposit.
Can even be changed with a felony. Can receive both a fine and jail.
So dealer's have to be very careful in this regard.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I'll have to post the crappy pictures from my phone when I get the chance. I stopped by the local Salem Oregon Polaris dealer (Cycle Country) to check out their newly delivered SL. It looked amazing when I walked up on it. I actually loved the size of it. It looks a bit more menacing in person. :)

Upon closer inspection I was disappointed with the fit and finish of this particular one. I noticed the seats not being quite lined up with the roll hoops, but they were equally misaligned so that didn't bother me. There was also some dimpling in the side of the driver's seat. I didn't like the "bubbles" around the gauges, albeit it wasn't a horrible amount. There was panel gap everywhere. The black hood inserts were crooked, and none of the plastic in the front was symmetrical. I will say, that if that stuff is all adjustable, I could just fix it. Unless they're permenant because that's where the holes were drilled, then I guess I'd be screwed and I would definitely try to get it covered under warranty but it still wouldn't be a deal breaker.

There was only one thing that really made me cringe and it was the paint. First off, let me just say I'm no expert. If someone pointed out a budget car and said the paint sucked because there was orange peel, or not a great clear coat, so on and so forth, I'd probably look at it and say "Meh, looks alright to me." I probably never would have noticed. Conversely, I may have actually thought it was nice paint. If you showed me a really nice custom paint job, I could appreciate it for just how nice it was, but I couldn't tell you how they successfully did it. That said, I'll give you my impression of the paint. Looking at it from the front, it was beautiful. Nice color and glossy. However, almost every single place that had an edge was peeling/cracking. There was a couple spots that looked like taking a run up to highway speed might flake off a big enough chunk to see it from a good distance. I'm not a painter and I was very disappointed to see that.

I'm still buying my Titanium. I'm sure the paint quality is much better on those.:p I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb though. Fingers crossed. Not sure if I should even take delivery on the first Titanium if every piece of plastic needs repainted. Does anyone else have a plan for this if it happens to you?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Someone disagreed with my post earlier, but I never received notification who didisagreed. I don't have a problem with it. This is America. Just curious what it was that you disagreed with?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Someone disagreed with my post earlier, but I never received notification who didisagreed. I don't have a problem with it. This is America. Just curious what it was that you disagreed with?
You don't get notified. At the very top of the screen on the right side you will see your screen name and avatar. Hover the mouse over your screen name and a box will drop down. One of the choices will be "ratings received" and you can see who left ratings

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
You don't get notified. At the very top of the screen on the right side you will see your screen name and avatar. Hover the mouse over your screen name and a box will drop down. One of the choices will be "ratings received" and you can see who left ratings
That's what I was referring to. For some reason it's not there.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yeah it's weird here sometimes. I've noticed that sometimes when I want to quote messages it wont let me or if you're typing a reply its shows up in different orders. Glitchy is what I guess they call it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts