Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today we both took the day off and headed to the top. I have been waiting for the road to be open to the top and today was the
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
day. There was a noticed difference in acceleration 1-3 gear as we reached the top. No warning lights, no issues.

I did have a issue later in the day and I advise everyone to check the following. When i turned the wheel left or right the engine would stall and die repeatedly, i didnt think i was going to make it to the shop. Where the steering shaft meets the steering motor, there are two sensors, one on the top and one on the bottom. The bolt that connects the shaft to the motor was catching the sensor wire and pulling it as the I turned the wheel. This placed undue resistance to the electrical system and it just kept shutting down. The shop zip tied these wires out of the way, and problem solved. No damage was done to the wire. They immediatly checked the 2nd SS that they are holding for a customer and are informing Polaris. Thanks Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Wish I was with you! Amazing up there.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That is awesome, thank you for sharing the photos. I hope to do the same thing next summer when we visit Colorado.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, and yes this wire routing issue had me very concerned. It died in the middle of the road a few times, we thought we were going to have to push it. Lucky all this happened after the pikes peak run. A few shaded frosty road areas and snow on both sides with no traction issues. 20 degrees at the top.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks Moto.
Brought back memories.
Was stationed at Fort Carson several year's.
Last time I went up Pikes Peak was in 1973.
Congratulations too you and the wife's trip up the peak.
Nice pictures.
Merry Christmas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts