Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
True story bro! That and deer can kill you in the middle of the night. ;)
Damnit, I just got done explaining to my wife how safe this is going to be, and she read your post over my shoulder. But the reason she came over was because I was laughing.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I should stop drinking in the middle of the night... I'll start tomorrow night. Now about that badass shotsling spaceship you er drivin...

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
LMAO.......HA! I was worried something bad happened.:) Glad it was just a memory you created for a subsequent funny story. That's another thing I'm looking forward to. I love riding and sharing stories (especially funny stories) with friends. Seems like the SS is a good tool for accomplishing just that. Man I wish they'd send mine. They must be working on fixing all the little bugs first, right? ;)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO.......HA! I was worried something bad happened.:) Glad it was just a memory you created for a subsequent funny story. That's another thing I'm looking forward to. I love riding and sharing stories (especially funny stories) with friends. Seems like the SS is a good tool for accomplishing just that. Man I wish they'd send mine. They must be working on fixing all the little bugs first, right? ;)
listen if I was a slingshot salesman, i sold like 6 tonight!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
[QU OT E= "Tan go, post: 47552, member: 176"]True story bro! That and deer can kill you in the middle of the night. [/QUOTE]

I Hit a dear on my bike at 3:10 p.m. On a sunny June day.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
[QU OT E= "Tan go, post: 47552, member: 176"]True story bro! That and deer can kill you in the middle of the night.
I Hit a dear on my bike at 3:10 p.m. On a sunny June day.[/QUOTE]

At times it almost as if they're trying to intercept you. I've been lucky so far. Damn woods rats.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That RX-7 donor car for the WhatThe project was once T-boned by a buck. Antlers smashed right through the passenger side window. Bad for me but glad I was riding solo that day.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Am I the only one not drinking this morning?

Hold on, I'm gonna fix that...

Reactions: Shack

·
Registered
82 Posts
As far as deer are concerned, get a dear whistler. It mounts on you vehicle and when in motion the forced air creates a sound you can't hear but runs deer off. I had several close encounters with deer on my Suzuki. I almost got killed twice. A buddy suggested the deer whistler and after that I never saw another deer. This includes rides throught the Texas Hill country in the early morning

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
As far as deer are concerned, get a dear whistler. It mounts on you vehicle and when in motion the forced air creates a sound you can't hear but runs deer off. I had several close encounters with deer on my Suzuki. I almost got killed twice. A buddy suggested the deer whistler and after that I never saw another deer. This includes rides throught the Texas Hill country in the early morning
Good advice. I tried that just before I moved away from the woods. I didn't know if it worked or if it was dumb luck but I also didn't have further encounters.......I'm still careful all the same.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I got the "Yes" and it works very good . As I forced air out, it creates a sound of "YEs" , since I use the "Yes" I haven't got hit or had a close encounter. Learning to use the "Yes" it's quite simple, it takes only several minutes to learn.....try it and you'll never get hit by a dear again ....... Repeat after me; "Yes dear" and you're set for life :blackeye::facepalm::D:p
By using the "Yes" technique , The "dear" Will adopt and use "yes, yes, yes" often during the night ride :smug:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I see em on all the pickups around here but I thought they were just '******* legend stuff '. Have hit and been hit too many times. It's more common to see a deer than not see them on the final streach of road to my place.

Gonna go shopping for one of those whistlers...

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
That is a HELL of an endorsement. I drove in the Texas Hill Country for 10 years and hit 5 deer - missed about 70 others. If it works out there it will work anywhere.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts