Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a round trip Slingshot ride to Baltimore Md and have really come to appreciate the "motorcycle" over my prior bikes. Longest day was 10.5 hrs and was able to get out and walk without feeling like death warmed over. First day was 6.5 hours of constant drizzle and rain but my concern with the traction was quickly wiped out as the SS did great. Is a little difficult finding a spot on asphalt where all three wheels are out of the pooled water and that takes a little getting use to. Last 4 hours was a driving downpour which really made me appreciate the F4 plus 3 windshield but was a little testy driving to say the least. 2400 miles roundtrip and could have made the trip in at least 3 hours less except each time you stop it takes and extra minutes explaining to interested parties what the SS is and where it comes from and on and on and on "Polaris should issue business cards and make us on the road salesmen". Everyone loved it and most wanted to know where and how to get one.
Performed like a champ and on the day the temps were in the 50's I came to appreciate all that heat coming through the firewall "yea I know, I'll be bitching about it soon as temps are in the 80's and higher". Already planning the next trip and look forward to many more. Love the SS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
100% agree with you on the extra few minutes explaining to people what a Slingshot is. We went out for a day trip today and was pulled over twice by the sheriff in different counties. They never seen or heard of a SS and was making sure it was street legal. They took a few photos and send us down the road. Even though I can't drive a SS yet, but it's still a blast being a passenger.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I got into the middle of a bunch of Buffalo in a rental car and they surrounded it and started rubbing their horns on it. Really messed the car up badly. I learned punching one with your fist to get it off of the car hurts the fist and pisses it off and bumping one with the car REALLY pisses it off. I wouldn't want to do that in a Slingshot!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got into the middle of a bunch of Buffalo in a rental car and they surrounded it and started rubbing their horns on it. Really messed the car up badly. I learned punching one with your fist to get it off of the car hurts the fist and pisses it off and bumping one with the car REALLY pisses it off. I wouldn't want to do that in a Slingshot!
That was going threw my mind the whole time we were going around them. :)

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Just got back from a round trip Slingshot ride to Baltimore Md and have really come to appreciate the "motorcycle" over my prior bikes. Longest day was 10.5 hrs and was able to get out and walk without feeling like death warmed over. First day was 6.5 hours of constant drizzle and rain but my concern with the traction was quickly wiped out as the SS did great. Is a little difficult finding a spot on asphalt where all three wheels are out of the pooled water and that takes a little getting use to. Last 4 hours was a driving downpour which really made me appreciate the F4 plus 3 windshield but was a little testy driving to say the least. 2400 miles roundtrip and could have made the trip in at least 3 hours less except each time you stop it takes and extra minutes explaining to interested parties what the SS is and where it comes from and on and on and on "Polaris should issue business cards and make us on the road salesmen". Everyone loved it and most wanted to know where and how to get one.
Performed like a champ and on the day the temps were in the 50's I came to appreciate all that heat coming through the firewall "yea I know, I'll be bitching about it soon as temps are in the 80's and higher". Already planning the next trip and look forward to many more. Love the SS.
I'm hoping to apply to Polaris for Sales Commissions on the units
I've helped to sell by giving ride or letting a new 'meet' take it for
a short drive.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I did 1085 miles in 17 hours on the slingshot coming back from the rally in the Smokies when I got out I was ready to do another few hours not sore at all

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wait a minute,, punch a wild buffalo???? Glad you were not in the SlngShot, you might have ruined a cool ride. Oh yeah and hurt yourself too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts