Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I hate it. Looks like stretch limo, which also looks stupid. Well, from the 10 seconds of the actual vehicle that was not focusing on their hood decal.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm planning a Slingshot Stretch Limousine service. It's still on the drawing board but I will start and end all my trips in the hospital parking lot.....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It's one of those things you shake your head at and say "why?". I'd still like to see the completed version. Even if its just a show piece. In the true spirit of a reverse trike, maybe they should have just put 1 seat in the middle in the back. lol

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
"The SS is an open canvas.........................."

Let it be, Bill, let it be.................

Bill
Open canvas does not mean you cut the thing in half.

The GVWR of the Base SS leaves 474 lbs left over from curb weight.

That is two 237 lbs people.

Cut it in half and you have far exceeded the GVWR just with extra framing, seats etc... unless you and your three occupants weigh about 81 lbs each.

Do the math, Bill. You will figure it out.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sometimes people on the fringe can find new and exciting solutions. (Think Penicillin from fungus). In this case, maybe a cost-efficient way to stretch this frame so my giraffe-like legs are not bent like an accordion. I think I will give them a call!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Blitzkrieg. I guess I WON"T give them a call!
Rick, I would take that with a grain of salt. I've personally worked with Jack on a few items. I'm not the only one either. There are some very tricked out Slingshots with his audio systems. Jack has been nothing but helpful and supplies a great product quickly.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Rick, I would take that with a grain of salt. I've personally worked with Jack on a few items. I'm not the only one either. There are some very tricked out Slingshots with his audio systems. Jack has been nothing but helpful and supplies a great product quickly.
Well, it's sort of like the situation with Anibal and the body kits.

One bad review is a pissed off customer. Two is cautionary. Three is a pattern.

I take everything with a grain of salt, but when I see a pattern, red flags go up.

Also, not so sure I would entrust a company who "specializes" in stereos and bling cutting my vehicle in half.

Just my .02

·
1,319 Posts
Well, it's sort of like the situation with Anibal and the body kits.

One bad review is a pissed off customer. Two is cautionary. Three is a pattern.

I take everything with a grain of salt, but when I see a pattern, red flags go up.

Also, not so sure I would entrust a company who "specializes" in stereos and bling cutting my vehicle in half.

Just my .02
Well, they weren't cutting a customer's vehicle in half. It was their own Slingshot. Check out their Facebook and you will see the claims are inaccurate. There are plenty of Slingshot owners on this forum and other Slingshot forums that have worked with Jack and know his quality work.
People seem to always take one side of a story even though it being biased. I'm trying to give another side of the story so Rick can make an informed decision. Just as you are.
Jack isn't the only one to extend a Slingshot. West Coast Customs did one as well for Shaq. Either option will be ridiculously expensive.

·
1,319 Posts
Also Jack's shop does WAY more than just audio. They customize all types of vehicles including side by sides, boats, RVs, limousines, cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc....

Welding work would be included in the long list of things they could handle. The body panels would be easy as well with the fiberglass work they do.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You've sold Bill and Justine! They are going to contact Jack to get stretched. Is $10 doable? That's Bill's limit unless he sells the old pickup.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts