Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the Slingmods video about installing a fire extinguisher in the Slingshot and thought it was a good idea. I went to their website and was shocked at the price of $149.95. So I decided to source an alternative. While shopping at my local Walmart I came across the one I show in my pictures. I wanted to pass this along to my fellow riders. The cost of this was less than $15.00. It adds a little peace of mind in case of an emergency. I mounted it to the roll bar frame with heavy duty zip ties. Hope this helps someone else who is interested in a little safety !

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's a good idea, I did the same, but didn't get a cheap one, and here is why. All extinguishers are not made the same. Most of the cheap ones are rated A and only good for generic fires. Fires in vehicles are typically chemical induced. Here is a good write up : H3R Performance | FAQ - Fire Extinguisher Questions Answered!

I sourced my own but stuck with an H3R one : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BS76T0/

Still not as cheap as walmart, but a bit easier to swallow than the one at slingmods.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
With the SlingShot being tubed frame and plastic body, if any fire gets started, by the time anybody gets a chance to try to put it out the SlingShot will be totaled. So we'll get the hell out and away from it and just let it burn, collect the insurance, and have fun purchasing another one! ;)

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand what you are saying but I would at least like to try should it happen. I agree with it burning down quickly.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts