Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read my intro post I explained how and why we became a Slingshot dealer a few weeks later than everyone else... well because of this my dealership name got left off the Slingshot dealer website for the launch.... after weeks of trying to get it done I'm finally on the dealer locator. Just like everyone else here, I'm super excited to be a part of this!! Is it October yet?

upload_2014-8-28_8-26-47.png

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a clue October? ;)
Haha more of a hope than a clue... but yes every indication that I am receiving from Polaris is that they expect delivery of units to at least begin sometime in October.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Chris, you need to open another dealership in VA. Anyway, congratulations on getting on the official list.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Chris, now that you are a dealer. Any clue as to how long the rear wheel bearing will last? Looks like if it wears even a little the belt will wander.

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chris, now that you are a dealer. Any clue as to how long the rear wheel bearing will last? Looks like if it wears even a little the belt will wander.
Not really sure to be honest, it didn't come up in discussion with the engineers at the show... Most likely one of those things that time will tell on. I know they have early production models with a ton of miles on them now in addition to their very high tech testing capabilities at their R & D facility that would have shed some light on the issue. If there was a problem I would like to think they have already got a good grasp and made an engineering change if needed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry, I am used to the way car companies do business. Polaris would fix it before it gets out. I am guessing thats why the release is Oct?. Can't wait to see it in my driveway.

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I am used to the way car companies do business. Polaris would fix it before it gets out. I am guessing thats why the release is Oct?. Can't wait to see it in my driveway.
Yes for a Company like Polaris and the way engineering, design, and production are connected you can go from problem to fixed in production in a very short period of time. Its a much different beast than the auto industry. It could very well be a reason that release was later than many have hoped.

Look at it this way, the longer we all wait the better feeling everyone should have that Polaris has taken the time to get everything right. In my experience, everything in this industry that has ever been rushed has resulted it lots of pain.

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anyone is a Snowmobile junkie just mention the word "Fusion" to any Polaris Snowmobile fan and watch them cringe... Polaris paid a huge for that mistake nearly a decade ago and pretty much every major release from them since then has been near perfect all things considered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts