Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my slingshot yesterday. I am a little late posting as it was a long travel day ( with no cell service for most of it - Iowa ) and then I was out riding !!
Loving it so far, going to have to do something about the belt whine at 40mph but other than that :):):):)

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Picked up my slingshot yesterday. I am a little late posting as it was a long travel day ( with no cell service for most of it - Iowa ) and then I was out riding !!
Loving it so far, going to have to do something about the belt whine at 40mph but other than that :):):):)
Looks great. Nice to see it next to an A7. Now I know what mine will look like. lol Safe travels.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Some people are thinking it might quiet down after break in. I think a loud exhaust will fix everything
I thought it was from the angle drive and not the belt. If so, when I change out that fluid with Royal Purple, it might quiet down some.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Nice Mike! Congrats and Good Luck. How was it getting it on that trailer? Did you have to use boards leading up to it or just crank up the front end?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone -
SAINT SS - we had to find a sloped concrete area to load it. The ramps we had were short so there was no way it was going on from a flat surface (it was even a dovetail trailer ). As you can see my driveway is quite steep, to unload we backed the trailer on to the very bottom of the driveway and backed out the SS onto the up slope. Worked just fine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
My buddy has a similar one with a dovetail that I assume I'm gonna have to borrow god knows when. Any thoughts on if using 12"x2" boards leading up to the ramps on a flat surface would work?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It funny you mention that, I had a couple 12x2 I was going to cut down for ramps. Then we were like no way its a dove tail and only sits 12" off the ground we will have no problems. LOL - Not.
It would definitely help if you only had a flat surface, but your only going to get one board under the ramp before you get to high.
We also thought about using the 12x2 as ramps but did not think they would hold the weight.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Nix - Really did not even notice she was in the picture. LOL
I would buy another in a heartbeat, in fact I probably will as that one is my wife's and we fight over it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am still waiting to hear about a reasonably priced, but more importantly, easily loadable... for the SS.... lightweight trailer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It funny you mention that, I had a couple 12x2 I was going to cut down for ramps. Then we were like no way its a dove tail and only sits 12" off the ground we will have no problems. LOL - Not.
It would definitely help if you only had a flat surface, but your only going to get one board under the ramp before you get to high.
We also thought about using the 12x2 as ramps but did not think they would hold the weight.
Some where (maybe trailor thread) there is a video using planks to load the ss and they held the weight.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks @Hollywood, Cold and rain today. Here by the end of the week it is going to be awesome.
Had a great conversation with @Mike Mtl today on the phone. Time to order up some MODS !!!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have around 750 miles on my SL & it still whines. In for service Tues, so we will see.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts