Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should remove any gap on the side you have also. The standard double din radio is just about an 1/8" on each side to narrow for the opening anyway. So this should fill up that area and fix that issue of occasional rain you get caught in. I just ordered mine so I don't mind posting the link. It would suck for them to have ran out of stock before filling my order...:D

Its pricey but if your protecting an expensive radio it would be worth it.

Maxomation Marine Splash Cover Double DIN for Navi dual (f.e. Alpine INE-W970BT

And here is a video of it. It should work perfect for us.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That looks cool . Never ordered anything from another country is it any different . just watched video that thing is cool that is all I would want to protect radio

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Thats a nice looking unit there RT, video is disabled by owner to not allow viewing other than youtube.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Great find. Let us know how it works and the mounting hole dimensions.

Hopefully with this, no trimming will be needed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hey i would like one of those too! as TravAZ said let us know if it fit with know cutting or very minimal cutting aka trimming.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will. The seller is away till January 7th. It was posted on the item when I bought it so I knew it would be a little bit before I arrived. I'm sure ill have to cut out a bit on the bottom of the opening. I just have to be careful not to go to far. There is a nice shelf inside the opening that lines up with the opening so the radio sits on it now. I think it will be OK though. Ill post plenty of pics as I install it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rabtech. Sorry but our paths keep crossing. I've given up on using the oem radio. I just don't want to spend $200 on a wiring harness. My googles for alternatives came up with the same splash guard you found. Did you ever do a follow up post? Did you get it to fit?

Anyone want to buy an oem head unit?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its just to big. You would end up cutting all the dash out to fit it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts