Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Fastest sling in the 1/4?

20K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  QuickSilverSS 
#1 ·
Slingshot: Original Alpha sling that was used to develop our turbo kit.

Engine: Original stock block with ARP head studs, basic Alpha turbo kit with side exit exhaust and tubular manifold.

Trans: Alpha Swapped and programmed auto conversion

This was last weekend 11.6 @ 114 MPH! The sling is at the track right now and hopefully we can come home today with a 10 second slip on a stock block!

See less See more
#36 ·
I think the NHRA thing is misunderstanding. Give your track a call and talk them though it like I did. They let us run all the time. I get if it is NHRA race. But open racing no big deal. Just talk it out with them. Maybe you can make it happen. Of course I understand when they will not let me race other cars. But....I run down alone or against another slingshot.

#39 ·
Our prototype is traveling and will be back soon. Unless we finish another kit before then. Yes the automatic transmission is the one that set the fastest record. We are working with a clutch company to release a better clutch kit and will see how well it hold up. (if we can get track time this year)

#42 ·
Ship one down here and I will run it on the NHRA Track here in Houston, TX Area and I will run it against my Supercharged Slingshot with single wheel in back. That would be an awesome race to watch seeing how they allow the Slingshot on the 1/4 mile track here. This is the equivalent of the TV show Street Outlaws.... "Call out" A little friendly race that everyone wants to see!
We will be in Texas in April but will not have our 4wheel kit, however I may be able to convice the guys to run sc vs sc ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.