Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of adding the Viper LCD 2-Way Security + Remote Start System. Are there anybody out there that already have added remote start/ alarm? Please only people who have had this work done respond.
Thanks in advance,
Slingfish...

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I was thinking of adding the Viper LCD 2-Way Security + Remote Start System. Are there anybody out there that already have added remote start/ alarm? Please only people who have had this work done respond.
Thanks in advance,
Slingfish...
You have to push the clutch in to start the SS so that switch would have to be defeated... Do you want your SS in neutral relying on the emergency brake?!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the Viper system installed without the remote start feature.
It works fine including the motion and proximity sensors.
I would highly recommend that it be installed by a professional familiar with Viper systems.
It is an extremely complicated install and you should make sure that the "brain" box is in a waterproof container of some kind.
kyslingshot

·
Registered
97 Posts
OK -

Here are a few details ....

The Brake / Clutch are both Neg triggers - adding a remote starter will require you to convert the (-) Brake to (+) with a relay. The Clutch needs an output from the Remote Starter to start without depressing the clutch manually. The rest isnt too horrible. But as kyslingshot said ... I HIGHLY Recommend PROFESSIONAL installation.

If you need more info - let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK -

Here are a few details ....

The Brake / Clutch are both Neg triggers - adding a remote starter will require you to convert the (-) Brake to (+) with a relay. The Clutch needs an output from the Remote Starter to start without depressing the clutch manually. The rest isnt too horrible. But as kyslingshot said ... I HIGHLY Recommend PROFESSIONAL installation.

If you need more info - let me know.
Do you have a wiring diagram. I have successfully wired relay for remote start and it works. However the one issue I am running against is if I remote start then put the key to on position and then off, slingshot remains on. My only option is to use alarm remote to turn off. Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts