Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

581 - 595 of 595 Posts

·
2,325 Posts
I think it's in the camera
Holy replying to a four year old post Batman ..... ;)

Made lots of posts since in this thread about what I did to fix the reception .. made it just as good as any car ....

The first few years it was as @Rider stated .. a flexible antenna mounted in the fin .... the last couple years it is integrated in the camera harness .....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The first few years it was as @Rider stated .. a flexible antenna mounted in the fin .... the last couple years it is integrated in the camera harness .....
Right. I was speaking to the '16, as that's what I have and know. I wasn't aware the newer ones eliminated the short whip antenna.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just bought a 19 SLR Slingshot and my radio only has about a 15 mile radius from the radio stations, Is Polaris still having problems with this like when they first started building them

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I have just bought a 19 SLR Slingshot and my radio only has about a 15 mile radius from the radio stations, Is Polaris still having problems with this like when they first started building them
I have the 2016 Slingshot and AM/FM reception is NOT good. I use a memory stick and like the results. Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have alot of music on my phone so probably just Bluetooth it, I was kinda hoping for a quick fix, never had that poor of reception on anything else

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Radio sucks. I never use it. If I want music I use my phone via blutooth directly into my helmet and bypass the radio, or a USB stick in the radio.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah, I didn't even connect up an antennae when I put a radio in my Base model 2019. I have music and audio books on my phone or can stream stuff when not in the boonies.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I installed a cheap sub-$100 round marine stereo and hooked up a cheap antenna. I originally thought I'd install the antenna just behind the windshield or on the fin behind my TD Top, but my antenna cable is too short. While playing around with different locations, I noticed that as soon as I got he antenna above the TD Top, reception improved significantly.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Interesting, our radio reception around here is so sketchy we very seldom ever listen to the radio while riding, (or driving for that matter), but we have noticed that our radio reception improves when we have the MeanSling Sport top installed.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Asked in a couple threads, never a reply, where is the factory antenna mounted ?

Just ahead of the middle brake light. To get to it you must remove the back upper panel, the one with the stop light in it.
It's a big panel that covers the entire back of the Slingshot.

·
2,325 Posts
Just ahead of the middle brake light. To get to it you must remove the back upper panel, the one with the stop light in it.
Thanks .... but that question was asked December 17th 2014

Not many Slingshots had been delivered way back then, mine wouldn't arrive for a few more months, have made many posts on the subject since and Polaris has not only changed the location, but the type of antenna as well as the entire infotainment system since ... 😉

·
2,325 Posts
Thanks .... but that question was asked December 17th 2014

Not many Slingshots had been delivered way back then, mine wouldn't arrive for a few more months, have made many posts on the subject since and Polaris has not only changed the location, but the type of antenna as well as the entire infotainment system since ... 😉

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I thought about installing an antenna thru the back deck in the fin. If you have a Top (metal frame, not plastic), getting the antenna above the Top's frame will should improve reception. Antennas like/need two things, the first is being mounted as high as possible and the second is a ground plane. On a metal car body, the body forms the ground plane. Some Corvette owners use aluminum tape on the underside of the fiberglass in a radial pattern centered around the antenna hole with the tape touching the edge of the hole so the antenna is grounded to the tape. Connecting the tape to the body's metal frame can also help. For more info, search for "improving radio reception on plastic or fiberglass bodies".

581 - 595 of 595 Posts