Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the radio on the SL? Seems like the antenna may not be all the way plugged in??? I can pick up some stations, but all of them fade in and out of reception.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am going to take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. If nothing else I will have them put an amp on it. If you pay for a radio, you should get a radio, just sayin. Not like it is new tech, I hope it is an easy fix.

·
2,321 Posts

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
I know I know!!!! It's a shorty antenna mounted under the fin. You'll never get good reception out of a shorty anyway. Found that out during the installation of the harness for my heated clothing!!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Oh sure you could mount it any way you like. You just run screw in cables. You could mount an external antenna anywhere. I would suggest just using your pandora linked in to the stereo system. Radio is awful anyway.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Oh sure you could mount it any way you like. You just run screw in cables. You could mount an external antenna anywhere. I would suggest just using your pandora linked in to the stereo system. Radio is awful anyway.
So it's the same antennas that we use on the GPS (The one that you screwed in) I hope I'm saying it correctly

·
Registered
93 Posts
OK, so we know where the shorty is, that is awsome. Now the question is, what is wrong with it. Is it just not connected propperly or is it faulty? Can an inline ampliphier be attached to it? I still kinda like my local radio stations, but they are too annoying to listen to when they are fading in and out...

Mike Mtl: What have you tried on 3 vehicles?
Cameron: How much work was intailed in getting the panels off to get to the underfin area? I am hoping that the connection is bad and it will be an easy fix...

1 - 20 of 589 Posts