Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to forum but I need your help.... I'm going to order one of these exhaust systems with the 1320 header but not sure which one sounds the best .... So has anybody heard both systems ???FAB OR 1320... Other than the price difference the 1320 is $200 less ...... Which one would you guys recommend ....thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to forum but I need your help.... I'm going to order one of these exhaust systems with the 1320 header but not sure which one sounds the best .... So has anybody heard both systems ???FAB OR 1320... Other than the price difference the 1320 is $200 less ...... Which one would you guys recommend ....thanks in advance for your help
This video may be helpful:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Turbo. ... You are suggesting the alpha electronic exhaust???...I was asking about the 2 that use a baffle system ...I don't trust electronics on exhaust exposed to weather

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have the 1320 manifold and the Fab Factory (UPTone Trio). I use the most restrictive baffle and am very pleased with the sound. I think most people are going to tell you the exhaust they chose is the best. I don't think you'll be dissatisfied with either. The only way for you to tell which you like the best is for you to hear both and decide.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks Turbo. ... You are suggesting the alpha electronic exhaust???...I was asking about the 2 that use a baffle system ...I don't trust electronics on exhaust exposed to weather
I had the same same type of set up on my Grand National for over 10 yrs., now i have the same type of set up on my SS, with your worry about electronics, just drive a bicycle with no worries, just not as much fun.
PS. Henry from Alpha backs his products because they're based on quality, just check the install on slingmods and that should put your mind at rest. Sometimes not trusting something can be a prejudgement without truly experiencing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the 1320 header and Alpha variable (electronic) exhaust. Got a super deal from Cycle Springs. Best of Both Worlds! Get the Alpha and Live a Little!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the 1320 header and Alpha variable (electronic) exhaust. Got a super deal from Cycle Springs. Best of Both Worlds! Get the Alpha and Live a Little!
Does this combination help with the heat issues on the passenger side? It has finally got hot enough and the wife was uncomfortable on a ride yesterday so I am looking at all options.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
There will be some reduction of heat. There are lots of options discussed on this site about reducing cabin heat in addition to changing exhaust system.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does this combination help with the heat issues on the passenger side? It has finally got hot enough and the wife was uncomfortable on a ride yesterday so I am looking at all options.
I agree that there will be some reduction in heat, but follow the advice of the other members to make it a more comfortable ride for the passenger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have the 1329 header and exhaust non varible, but love the sound not that standard 4banger with exhaust sound....i llike these guys they put sometime just on sound

·
Registered
738 Posts
The heat reduction was significant when I installed the 1320 and UPTone (Fab Factory) exhaust. Is it completely gone? No, but it was significant. I live in CT and drove 280 mile in NY with temps as high as 96 without a problem. I'd say if you don't live in the south you'll probably be fine with just this combo. As noted, there are other threads with ideas for further reduction of heat

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went with the Alpha Variable (key fob remote) exhaust, I highly recommend it because you can adjust it while you're driving, it is amazing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts