Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my SL. Are we EXEMPT from EZ Pass lanes since it's considered a bike or do I still need to use my EZ Pass?

Any experts here that can chime in?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
You should treat the vehicle on how it is classified. It is a motorcycle and will require a motorcycle plate; therefore you should follow all rules/regulations of a motorcycle.

I am driving the car pool lane all day in AZ. If they have a problem, they can clearly see I have a motorcycle plate. Should be a no-brainer.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I picked up my SL. Are we EXEMPT from EZ Pass lanes since it's considered a bike or do I still need to use my EZ Pass?

Any experts here that can chime in?
Those laws vary by state and just because the state approves the hov for bikes, make sure the dmv doesn't have the official vote on the matter. Case in point is Nevada. The state approved the hov lane usage "subject the the dmv approval and setting policy", yet they have not as of yet done that. So people are hearing or reading one thing, only to find out the real world is different. Not worth the risk if it's going to be a normal situation you'll be dealing with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just don't want to get pulled over by the State Trooper asking what the heck this vehicle is and then ticket me

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Motorcycle license plates are different than car plates in almost every state.

Just point out your MC plate and show him the registration. Enforcement should understand very quickly that it is classified as a motorcycle.

I don't doubt that people will get pulled over, but I doubt people will get harassed too much once they understand what the vehicle it classified as.

·
Registered
155 Posts
In TX... HOV lane. Of course, I've got AR plates, and they don't charge out of state folks up here in NE TX on the tollways if you run through and have them 'mail' it to you ...

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I just don't want to get pulled over by the State Trooper asking what the heck this vehicle is and then ticket me
Just remember it is an "autocycle" in Virginia. Of course I haven't found if that means anything according to the law which only states motorcycles. I would just do it until you get pulled over and a cop says you can't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts