Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some bad news today from my dealer. I am in Indiana and he said they received a bulletin telling them their Slingshots would not ship due to a legal issue in the state related to the street legality of the Slingshot. They were placed on a can not sell order until this issue is resolved. I would only hope with the large financial commitment the Slingshot dealers had to make, the Polaris legal department is working overtime to resolve this problem. Has anyone else heard anything about this. This is not a bullshit post, he asked if I wanted to have my deposit back or wait it out. Of course I chose to wait it out.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Her perceived "blessing" is temporary. Polaris will iron it out asap. We're talking an entire state here.... not just a town or dealership! If Harley trikes and puny mopeds are allowed in Indiana, you'll get your Slingshot. Just not as fast as you wanted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you're right but what a disappointing call to get. It's been a long wait since July 27th. Thanks for the encouraging words.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I got some bad news today from my dealer. I am in Indiana and he said they received a bulletin telling them their Slingshots would not ship due to a legal issue in the state related to the street legality of the Slingshot. They were placed on a can not sell order until this issue is resolved. I would only hope with the large financial commitment the Slingshot dealers had to make, the Polaris legal department is working overtime to resolve this problem. Has anyone else heard anything about this. This is not a bullshit post, he asked if I wanted to have my deposit back or wait it out. Of course I chose to wait it out.
Where in Indiana? I really haven't heard anything about that. Why would all the states take it and Hoosier's won't???? Are the SS's going cross country going to have to bypass the State!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer is in Plymouth, You have a valid point I never thought about the rest of the Slingshots out there. Doesn't make sense does it?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I'm second on the list I'm sure I'll get one ASAP
Cool! I just can't understand why Dealer is willing to just give up (ie. send your deposit back). Maybe there is something going on with that particular dealer. And how could it be that all the states go but one? And how can it be that you are the only one to get this info? Aren't there others on the Forum from IND?

I've built several bikes and three wheelers under 'Special Constructed Motorcycle' for both. Maybe the paperwork to get this done is spinning around in the heads of the DMV and they are simply lost? Wouldn't be the first time!

If they did get a notice bulletin from Polaris, that is real worrisome!!! That would mean that Polaris has hit a 'snag' that will take more than days to correct... bad, bad , bad...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Do me a favor.... CALL another dealer in Indiana and see what they say. Please report back. If it is a Dealer Problem and not a Polaris problem, I know where you can still buy a first round SL. At least right now ... at 11:42 PM Eastern Time.!!!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Maryland was a problem state for some reason. I don't think the Slingshot has been approved for sale there yet. When I used the Find a Dealer site and entered Frederick, MD, every dealer that came up was outside Maryland.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If this is true it's more of a bummer that Polaris did not make an announcement. I am beginning to wonder who is in charge? Who is calling the shots? This is no way to run a company. Polaris, there is no PR gain on this one. Polaris, If this is not true you must make a statement stating so. Polaris, if this is true you must make a statement informing your position and how long you feel it will take to get this state back online. And are any other states besides Maryland effected?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Polaris how dare you design and sell one of the coolest vehicles in my lifetime. Are you stupid? Are you buffoons? 4 billion dollars in sales a year is no way to run a successful company. It's obvious you're completely clueless. I demand you stop all deliveries to South Florida until the States of Maryland and Indiana are satisfied.
Furthermore, you should immediately take the extra inventory and equally disperse it to the other states currently waiting and excited to allow this incredible vehicle to operate legally on their streets. Polaris, this is clearly your fault, there is no possible way 48 other states could have it right.

Sincerely,
Dazed & Confused

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
CT keep your chin up!! As with all new ground breaking things...sometimes it just takes a little extra time...definitely be proactive and contact other local dealers and Polaris CS. You got this!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
CT keep your chin up!! As with all new ground breaking things...sometimes it just takes a little extra time...definitely be proactive and contact other local dealers and Polaris CS. You got this!
DKF, I believe CT is using common term called sarcasm.

CT, calm down my friend.

This is just another case of flying off the handle. As you said. I only see two dealers in Indiana. No one is heard from those specific dealers. Dealers are supposed to ready themselves for the sale and maybe some haven't done their job!

The bashing of Polaris for this hiccup is only justified for those doing the hiccuping. Indiana and maybe Maryland.
I think we need to wait until we get a couple of answers here before any should put their mouth in gear.

I get the sarcasm but remember Polaris has gone outside the box here in a very good way and the anticipation is exactly what you have stated.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts