Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted, I don't have a lot of deep knowledge about engines, but does anyone else think it's a bit strange that the actual output for the exhaust faces slightly forward? Fill me in if I'm missing something...
ssexhaust.jpg

·
Registered
620 Posts
Pipe , more air and a tuner . Thinking the after market should kick in before next spring so I will wait till then to start dropping weight .

·
Registered
541 Posts
There was a post from one of the media testers that they were able to smell fumes from the exhaust. Anyone remember this post. Have to say I think they should have put the exhaust exit further back on the SS.Opinions?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yea, I would think the passenger would be breathing alot of fumes. I never noticed that placement before.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
There was a post from one of the media testers that they were able to smell fumes from the exhaust. Anyone remember this post. Have to say I think they should have put the exhaust exit further back on the SS.Opinions?
I placed your question on another post....it is a very good question that needs to be answered

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thinking we'll have to place some kind of heat shield. This had to be done on the Polaris RZR. It had plastic melting issues in several areas.

Thanks Mike where did you post the question. This is something I want to keep on top of.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I wonder if the exhaust can is going to heat up the passenger firewall and cook the bottom of their feet? My old Dodge Viper with the side-mount exhaust felt like we were in an oven.. even with the top down.
SlingMode i'm sure you going to come up with something or someone else with a way to fix this problem.
You can see in some of the pictures that they have a heat shield on the passenger firewall.
What I'm worried about is the smell of the exhaust fumes coming into the machine

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thinking we'll have to place some kind of heat shield. This had to be done on the Polaris RZR. It had plastic melting issues in several areas.

Thanks Mike where did you post the question. This is something I want to keep on top of.
In "Got to see photo and measure the SS"

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Problem solved... If you can still smell exhaust in the passenger seat just add a couple more feet of pipe.

pipe 1.jpg

And you know it will only be a matter of time before someone does it in a much more elegant manner like this.....

pipe 2.jpg

·
Registered
621 Posts
I read in one of the reviews that there was noticeable engine heat in the floor well. Exhaust plus heat? Not a good combo. Hopefully it will be sorted out in the production models. They always have the CYA of "production models may differ etc....." legalese. In this case lets hope they do.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Problem solved... If you can still smell exhaust in the passenger seat just add a couple more feet of pipe.

View attachment 1044

And you know it will only be a matter of time before someone does it in a much more elegant manner like this.....

View attachment 1045
The corvette owner needs to smacked upside the head for his lousy taste.
I take that back, smacked was a little to light.
Needs to be repeatedly struck about the cranium with a long cylindrical object about a meter in length.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The corvette owner needs to smacked upside the head for his lousy taste.
I take that back, smacked was a little to light.
Needs to be repeatedly struck about the cranium with a long cylindrical object about a meter in length.:jawdrop:
Great protection for the over paranoid driver that is worried about being re-ended!

·
Registered
796 Posts
It looks weird exposed like that, but its positioning is perfectly placed to rapidly disperse the deadly exhaust gasses when the vehicle is in forward motion. I think the whole idea behind the shorty exhaust was to give the Slingshot a visceral roadster sound and feel. Prolonged idling might be a bit smelly!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts