Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an aftermarket exhaust manifold and now my exhaust rattles at idle. Has anyone experienced this? I have checked to ensure all the springs are connected. I even thought it might be the heat shield but it isn鈥檛. I think it is rattling where the down pipe connects into the exhaust. Any ideas on a remedy besides buying a new down pipe and exhaust! 馃槀

The down pipe connects to the muffler with a soft graphite doughnut gasket, It can't rattle if in place and the springs are installed.

Many have had the stock muffler fail on its own or after installing a header or CAT delete on the otherwise stock exhaust, myself included. The muffler is chambered with plates and tubes, the sparse internal welds break letting the plates rattle at idle and/or decel or the secondary CAT (the white disk) in the muffler itself fails. Polaris used to replace them under warranty if you still had the stock down pipe with the primary CAT in tact, not sure if that policy still stands.

Registered
I installed an aftermarket exhaust manifold and now my exhaust rattles at idle. Has anyone experienced this? I have checked to ensure all the springs are connected. I even thought it might be the heat shield but it isn鈥檛. I think it is rattling where the down pipe connects into the exhaust. Any ideas on a remedy besides buying a new down pipe and exhaust! 馃槀
I have a stock 2015 and the muffler was replaced by dealer at 30,000 miles as it rattled. "they had some problems there" he said.

Registered
Is the stock heat shield in use and tight? It is a common rattle point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts